Ok girls, I have a question! How do you get stains out of your kid's clothes? Spaghetti stains, pudding stains, you know, just good ole' stains? Here's what I do and it doesn't work every time. I try to wash immediately but I don't always. I spray with Oxi Clean and then I add the new Tide stain release to my detergent. Should I do something else? Because everything doesn't come out every single time, especially if I don't wash immediately. If you haven't commented before, do if you know the answer :) I was thinking, is there some fabulous detergent on the market so you don't have to spray stuff on your clothes?!?!
Gracias!
8 comments:
Courtney,
I don't have an answer for you. I have tried a number of things but like you, cannot always get the stains out. I have tried baking soda and vinegar which helps some, I also used 20 mule team borax which also helped some.
If anyone gives you the miracle solution let me know!
I use powder Oxi Clean (think it works better than the spray) and soak it in a sink of warmish water for however long. I also throw some of the Oxi Clean powder in every load of the girls clothes because you never know when you missed a stain. Love Oxi Clean.
I've only ever used the DREFT stain remover for Lincoln's clothes and he doesn't eat much of anything now that will stain.... sorry not much help.
Girly I have the answer to your problem....One word "ZOUT"!! It's like Shout but 1 million times better and it is made for spaghetti stains, grass stains it is the miracle solution....You just spray it on rub it in throw it in the washer and ta da....sometimes if it is really hard stains you have to do it twice but it has never let me down....
My SIL introduced me to this and I am in LOVE....LOL
You can find it at your local grocery store or Walmart....
Good Luck :0)
Summer
I use Oxi clean the most..and I will soak my clothes if it is a really bad stain...Thats funny that you posted this because I have been working on a post about this same thing.. a friend of mine just told me a ton of stain removal secrets....I am not sure if they all work, but I would love to share them with ya.... for example, did you know hairspray will remove ink marks?
Looks like you are getting some great ideas already!!
I love shout wipes! I always have one in my purse and they come in so handy. I also use the Tide to go pen which believe it or not got a strawberry stain out of a white smocked top of Lillians. I was really impressed! Goodluck. Have a good week!
I use the Oxi Clean spray the first time around. I usually let it sit for a little while before washing, even though it tells you to wash immediately. If something has sat for a while or been washed and dried and didn't come out (this happens to me a lot, ERGH) I have found that using the Shout Advanced action gel gets the stain out every time. I think that the stuff is a miracle in a bottle. If it doesn't get a spot out the first time, it usually will the second time. The bottle recommends letting it sit on the spot for some time (I think even up to a week). I have found that that helps even more. I have only had one spot ever that didn't come out. (I have a three year old and a 14 month old). Like I said, the stuff is a miracle in a bottle! Also, I use a scoop of baby oxi clean in every load. I use Method baby detergent.
I use a combo of Zout, Biz, and whisk. Mix and soak for tough stains. ALWAYS works even if you sent it through the washer and dryer first on accident.
Yep.. Gymboree! Love this little line of butterflies.
Post a Comment