My mom came into town this morning! What a nice surprise. It's only a 2 hour & 45 minute drive but it's so nice when she can come & visit us. It definitely keeps me company when Todd is away. We planned on staying at home to keep Lauren away from more germs but I soon realized I have no food in the house! I'm trying to lose weight so your current choices of food are: Yogurt, granola, fruit, soup, sandwich, cottage cheese, diet drinks, triscuits, and low fat crackers. Take your pick. So off to Aretha Frankensteins we went....
This is what we looked like during our 1 hour 15 minute wait at the restaurant. Yes, we waited that long to get a table. You see, Rachel Ray went to Aretha's on $40 a day, back in the day. Ever since then, you have to wait 500 years for a table. It doesn't help that the restaurant only has like 10 tables inside. It's an old historic house, near Lauren's pre-school, in North Chattanooga. It's super tiny but a fun environment. Just as a note: Service is HORRIBLE. I'm not sure it could be any worse. Check the reviews online. It's bad. But strange bad. Staff is super friendly but slow. It took about 15 minutes to get be acknowledged at our table....okay on to the food....
This is what Lauren did at the restaurant. She propped those feet up and got nice and comfy. I couldn't ask for a better behaved baby girl. She didn't cry once as we waited and waited and waited for service. We gave her some of my mom's blueberry pancakes....she was a fan. They are divine. I ordered Shrimp and Grits, sooooo good! As a heads up, it's a spicy dish. Don't order if you don't like peppers!
Lauren talked Grammy into taking her for a little spin around the kitchen island about 200 times. Lucky girl.
So sad Grammy only came for the day.....please come back


1 comment:
I remember that episode of $40 a day!! That stinks that the service is so bad. I guess the food makes up for it. So glad Aunt Susan got to go for a visit to keep you company and break you out of the house for a few hours.
Post a Comment