Friday, January 22, 2010

Show Us Your Life Friday, Favorite Shopping Spots

Kelly's Show Us Your Life Fridays are back in full swing. I haven't posted on some of them because I simply have forgotten :) but I'm back! This week's topic is your favorite shopping spots, either online or in person. I have MANY favorite shopping spots but they are all pretty common but here's my list....

An oldie but a goody. This was on one of our many walks, taken around April 2008

  • Etsy - helllllllooooo, who doesn't shop on etsy. My favorite etsy shops are featured on the right hand side of my blog already. My favorites really are my favorites that I have found so far. I just got Lauren's cute little name labels in the mail. They are featured under my favorites....can we say awesome?

  • Ann Taylor Loft - now I have to admit, I haven't shopped here recently. They have really disappointed me with their new savings card rule AND the people that work at the Chattanooga store are not very friendly. Maybe they are normally nice but every time I am there they either seem way under staffed or they are "fake nice." They irritated me when I bought over $100 in clothes, I forgot to use a coupon, so I called back to ask if I could come in a get a credit, ON THE SAME DAY. They said No sooooo let's take this one off the list now

  • Babies R Us - because I have a baby, duh :) Really I just like their coupons and how I can use manufacturer's coupons along with theirs. Who doesn't like a good deal?

  • Ebay - just bought my new Coach shoes off of this marvelous site, thank you very much! I had a pair of Coach sandals/wedges that I wore ALL the time and they are looking a little yuck. I just refuse to buy them full price and I found them half off on good ole' ebay. I must also add that I ordered shams to match our Pottery Barn bedspread on there this week too. Maybe this is my favorite shopping source?

  • Tj Maxx - oh TJ's, how do you have such good prices? I shop here for everything, not kidding. Just got "walking shoes" there Tuesday night. I sound like I've bought lots of shoes lately huh? Just 2 pairs. I NEVER buy shoes, really, it's rare. I was in dire need of some walking shoes, not just tennis shoes. They had some Merrills for a great deal. The check out guy even said he sold 9 pairs that day. How do they mark things down so low??

  • Gymboree - cutest kids clothes Ever! I am the master at finding good deals here. I shop without Lauren and get on my knees to dig through those clearance bins. I have found $1 socks, $4 shoes, $5 leggings, etc. I.LOVE.IT. Why must they have the cutest accessories for every outfit. The socks, hair bows, clippies, mittens, and scarfs get me every time

  • Earthfare for groceries - We are an organic shopping, cloth bag taking family. We used to shop at Greenlife (like Whole Foods) BUT they are what we call expensive! So I was very picky choosy on what I bought there. Earthfare just opened and my goodness, they are soooo much cheaper. Not only that but they have a "clean your pantry" program and you can swap things from your pantry, even with 1 spoonful left, and get their name brand for free. Helloooooo, that's like $30 in free food. They really promote healthy eating at a great cost. There aren't many locations yet but lucky you if you have one :)
That's my list & I'm sticking to it. I go to the same places all the time it seems but I really like my good deals. I'm a sucker for saving some $$$

7 comments:

Summer said...

Girl I love me some Etsy and Gymbo too! LOL
Sounds like we both like to SHOP LOL....

Summer :0)

Anonymous said...

All of those sound fun to me! I love to shop! I hope you all are doing well.

Lesli said...

How funny.. we have alot of the same stores.. I love, love Etsy too!! I can spend hours looking at everything! I wish we had an Earthfare here, that sounds like something I would definitely be interested in!! Have a great weekend!!

Unknown said...

I wish we had an Earthfare close by, that sounds AWESOME!

Sarah said...

Alright you have me wanting to join in. I love gymboree and ESTY too!

Emily said...

I love GYMBOREE and EBAY too.

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Thank you for stopping by yesterday! I too love Etsy and have been browing the "shops" on their site for unique wedding party gifts. Our wedding party is so small, that we're doing "unique to the person" gifts rather than same stuff for everyone gifts. So hard to choose! : )