Friday, January 29, 2010

Snowing on Your 15 Month Birthday!

Lauren and I went out this morning to her Little Gym class. I knew that Chattanooga was predicted to get snow today but we were rebels and still went to class :) We got out at 11:15am, got home by noon, and the snow arrived! What perfect timing.
I tried so hard to get a picture of the 2 of us playing so this had to do
My little princess all bundled up....she really is a princess, just look.....
HOW DARE YOU MOMMY?!?!?!?! I DON'T LIKE WET AND COLD STUFF!!!
I so tried to be fun and play in the snow with little Lauren but she was NOT happy when I put her down. She got even more irritated when her hands touched the "cold stuff." High Maintenance? Maybe
At least one of my "kids" enjoyed the snow with her momma!

LAUREN, YOU ARE NOW 15 MONTHS OLD!!
I don't want to recap every single month now that she is over 1, but I don't want to forget what she is doing these days...
  • You finally weigh 20 pounds, Can I get a Woo Hoo? You had to go to the doctor last week for an ear infection and you were 20 pounds even. You had clothes on but whatev :)
  • 6-12 months in Gymboree clothes fit perfect and a 9 months in Carters fits you to a T. I have pulled out your 12 month clothes and some fit really big but we roll up the sleeves and you're good to go
  • You started crying in the car NON STOP about 2 months ago. I really do mean that it's non stop. You will cry the entire 35 minutes to the Little Gym. Mommy has become one of "those moms" that put a DVD player in the car. Can I just say that the DVD player is the best invention ever? You sing with Elmo going to gymnastics every week and mommy no longer has to pull off on the side of the road and cry with you....yes I've done it many times when I'm alone with you
  • When I start draining your bath water, you say "All Done." You know when bath time is coming to an end
  • You still don't eat very well but you consistently eat your favorite foods. These are: mashed potatoes, veggies and fruits that are pureed, yo baby yogurt, yo baby 3-n-1 yogurt meals, crackers (you call them Craaackas), baby oatmeal, and you drink whole milk now very very well
  • You like to go your 1 year old preschool on Thursdays from 9:30-2:30pm. You don't even mind when I leave. Your school did call me yesterday though because you were crying very very hard. Those molars of yours are trying so hard to break thu :(
  • Lastly, you have loved playing with your friends this month. We got to spend the day with sweet Riley and you got to go over to Lauren's house after Little Gym to play. We are so proud of how sweet you are with your friends.
WE LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

Emily said...

WOW! We had nothing at noon today! Love the snow pictures.. Lauren is a little princess!

I can't believe she didn't like playing in it by herself.

Kenna said...

She's growing up!!! I LOVE these pictures!! The one of you and her in the snow is frameworthy I think!

Summer said...

She is so stinkin cute! How fun to take a gym class! Kelcee and I did a mommy and me class when she was a little older than Lauren and well um my sweet Kelcee doesn't sit still sooo before they kicked us out we just decided to try again when she's older! LOL....So next year when she is four hahahaha....we will give it a try! She still doesn't sit still much we will see!
I love the snow pics....your furbaby seemed to enjoy it....
Summer :0)

Jennifer said...

Happy 15 month, big girl!!
Lauren and Brody have the same feelings about snow! Haha!

Lesli said...

ahhh...how sweet!! Trust me, She will love the snow next year!! We are getting your snow here tomorrow so maybe we will have a little fun too!!!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

You both look lovely in the snow. I am loving your coat! Adoarable pictures. Have a great weekend! Can't believe Lauren is 15 months...They grow up too fats!

Diana said...

I am finally going to introduce myself. I found your blog through a comment you left once on Kelly's Korner blog. I was interested because of Lauren's size. I have a three year old and a 14 month old. My 14 month old has struggled with weight and growth much like Lauren has. My older daughter was never like this. I am not used to having such a small peanut. I can totally relate to the breaking the 20lb marker. We just finally broke 18lbs. She weighed in the 18lb range since she was 9 months old! I would love to hear more about Lauren's story. dschoeniger@hotmail.com by the way Lauren is such a cute little peanut!