In order to help Lauren love to eat, I decided it would be a great idea to let her play with her food. I've heard about kids doing this in therapy so they can get acquainted with what they eat. It sounds weird but maybe then she will associate food as being fun and ultimately good for her tummy.
I made tacos tonight, complete with refried beans, black beans, and rice. Lauren actually ate about 7-8 bites of refried beans. I was sooooo proud of her :) I then filled her bowl back up with both beans and let her go to town. She might have eaten 2 more bites but she really just played in it.
Her food diary today would be:
Breakfast:
milk, 1/2 packet grits
Lunch:
1 bite of cheese toast, 1/2 cracker, 1/2 turkey pepperoni, 1 bite of cheese, milk
Dinner:
8 bites beans
milk
Go Lauren go!
7 comments:
Lauren looks so happy to be covered in beans! And it looks like Lauren has a four legged friend that might like it when she plays with her food. ;)
Good job Lauren (and Mommy)! You've gotta start somewhere! 8 bites of beans is great! Yay!
way to go mama courtney! i'm proud of you for being so creative and helping your sweet lauren! i'll keep her in my prayers.
I know how frustrating the whole food thing can be- Alex was very similar! And he cant eat dairy so we are limited on top of his pickyness :) Alex started out with a small menu of things he would eat and I will say, it has slowly grown. Its the little steps like this (beans) that will help. Alex started out liking avocado (with a little salt and pepper), hot dogs (you can get the nitrate free ones that are organic and feel a little better about it), strawberries, peas, green beans, and also refried beans...i dont know what you have tried. Alex still wont go near a real banana and so we still have banana baby food for breakfast in the morning. He does eat cereal though. He just recently started eating frozen waffles for breakfast. I swear he is crazy too! Its so funny when you are trying to give them good food and they just dont even realize what they are passing up! :)
Yay Lauren! She looks sooo cute making such a mess LOL!! I betcha you were one happy momma to see her eat sooo well!
Have a Happy Monday
Summer :0)
Adorable pics! Maybe I need to try that with Lilly because she won't eat anything healthy!
So glad she is eating well! She looks like a happy girl.
Post a Comment