Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Park Day Continued....

After swinging to our heart's content, we took Lauren downtown on Sunday. We love downtown Chattanooga. It's so pretty and it's still a small enough city that you don't have to pay for parking in many areas. 
Lauren needed a little walking break after getting antsy in the stroller
My little dare devil being a busy bee on the park bench
oh how I love her....she looks so old to me!

Just a little funny story....After we left the park to go to downtown, we realized that we both needed to use the bathroom. Just like any other downtown part of a city, it's hard to find a public restroom. We knew there was this brand new ice cream shop near one of the bridges here but of course there was a sign that said "Restroom for customers only." I decided to buy a hot chocolate thinking it wouldn't be that expensive. There weren't any prices listed so that should have been sign #1. That SMALL hot chocolate was $3.50....seriously???? Call me cheap but that's nuts. We did use the bathroom though, and I happily took my time!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Are you sure you weren't at Dollywood? HA!

Summer said...

Lauren is such a cutie in piggy tails! Awww it looks beautiful there....Oh and you guys are wearing shorts....how wonderful....I wish it was pretty enough here to wear shorts :0( !

O.K. 3.50 for a hot chocolate....for that you should be getting the best chocolate, whipped cream, biggest cup....and that is Ha-larious about taking your time in the bathroom....that is sooo something I would do....

Have a great day
Summer :0)

Katie said...

So much fun! I'm ready to start taking Z to the park, too. It's still so cold here.

Yes, we own a plane with another family. It's worked out really well. It's a Cessna 182.

Enjoy your night!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun family outing! Lauren is getting taller. She is so pretty.

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I love her in little pig tails. I think pig tails are just the cutest! Also, I think the picture of her and Daddy walking together is pretty priceless!

Lesli said...

What a fun day.. can't wait until we can go to the park! Chattanooga is a beautiful city. I went to Tennessee Temple in Chattanooga for one year after High School..loved it there!!

Hope you are having a great week!

Summer said...

Girl you crack me up! My Louis yes he has a name LOL....used to come with me everywhere but with Kelcee and all the stuff and my disease I can usually just handle one bag and her....so Mr. Louis sits and waits until I have a Mommy day out LOL....I love you carry yours all the time....So fun....
Have a Great Weekend
Summer :0)