Look who Lauren and I got to spend the afternoon with! Baby Nicholas! He was the sweetest little pool companion and snoozed away in the shade, only waking for a poolside bottle. The weather was perfect and overcast so it didn't feel hot at all like it has been previously.
(Rough life or what? We need to do this more often before the weather cools down)
(Look who is happy to finally be in the pool. When we got there, she started screaming Ariel and I totally didn't get why. I put 2 and 2 together and realized it's because Ariel swims. Gee mah, get with it. Lauren is a smartie)
(My little real life Ariel. She kept me on my toes for sure. She has no fear and will jump off the side even if I'm not there. I don't mind her jumping holding my hands but little one needs to learn to jump out and not straight down. That little noggin of hers is going to get bumped up if she doesn't learn)
(We did this about 80 billion times. She would climb out, run/walk over to the stairs, climb back in, climb out, run to the side, and jump in. I got the best workout)
(Lauren didn't really notice Nicholas at first. She probably thought he was a baby doll or something. He started to cry a little and then she became interested. The above picture is of her blowing him a kiss. They just smiled at each other. It was very sweet)
(I told Lauren she could only touch Nicholas on the belly or the toes. I have a fear of her poking someone's eye out, ha! She was very sweet and gentle and would say "tickle tickle" as she touched his toes. When he would cry a little, I would rub his belly and she would mimic me and rub hers and then his. She'll be a great big sissy one day...noooooo not anytime soon. Don't ya'll start thinking those thoughts. At least another year, sorry to disappoint, ha)
After leaving their house, we went to Target for a diaper run. She was AWFUL and would not sit in the buggy. I let her get down and she helped me push the cart. That worked well for about 2 minutes and then she literally took off, as in ran so fast, down like 5 aisles. I had a quick fear of losing my little one at a store. I abandoned my buggy, with my purse in it, and took off for her. Of course this is at 5pm on a Friday when Target is packed. After I caught her, she had to sit in timeout at Target. Oh yes she did. She's gotten great at time outs at home finally so we are even doing it in public. It's amazing how quick it works. Hopefully the other Target shoppers didn't think I was crazy but she has to learn that she can't do that in public. I knew that if I punished her at home, she wouldn't realize what it's for. I'm sooooo glad time outs work now!!!






5 comments:
your posts always put a smile on my face!
She is a little fish. Logan loves the pool and jumping in. Luckily he has mastered the jumping away from the wall and now is able to jump in unassisted.
love this just precious!! I love Laurens little playmate! Wow girlie toddlers sure are a workout in the pool....Where my muscles are so shaky I have to take friends with me when I go cause Kelcee likes to get in and out over and over it is funny LOL
Lauren is so cute I am thinkin her and Kelcee would be the bestest of friends since they both love Ariel maybe Kelcee could teach her how to brush her hair with a fork LOL
Just Kidding
xoxo
Summer :)
I am SO glad you came over! We had fun and can't wait to do it again soon!!!!
Aw, so sweet!!! Baby Nicholas is just too cute (and so is your Lauren) :)
Post a Comment