Lauren often talks about Elmo like she could care less about her mommy and daddy. Elmo is her true love and talks about him from morning until night. I sat her in her booster seat for snack time the other day (yes, in Halloween Pjs) and she wanted Elmo to eat with her. However, she was a little disgruntled that Elmo wouldn't stop laughing. That's a laughing Elmo and the way he was sitting, his laughing sensor was going off non-stop. I couldn't help but laugh as Lauren was telling him "No more, all done, mommmyyyy"
"Would you please let me eat in peace Elmo!!!!"
(Little L letting me know she went "pee pee." She is telling me these kind of things now. Do I start potty training? I don't know how to do that and I'm in no hurry. Yes, changing diapers gets old fast but I won't ever have 2 in diapers so it's cool. I can handle 1 but if she lays down for me, what do I do? I guess I should buy a kid friendly po-tay!"
(Checking out her new school. Yes, we are giving school another try. I was traumatized at the last place because she cried for 5 straight months when I'd drop her off and cry almost the entire 5 hours, with little breaks here and there. I jumped ship and left that church school and found another. The cutie in the purple shirt is Lauren's buddy and twin, Lauren. They look so much alike. Hopefully she'll do better since they're in the same class. I just realized Lauren's head is cut off. You get the idea).
***Note how Lauren is actually playing with the toys. Don't be fooled, she clinged onto me for dear life for a good 15 minutes when we got there. It was just orientation so I wasn't leaving. I wonder how tomorrow will go.....I'm dreading it***
(If all else fails, I could send her to school with a water bottle. She loves water and is crazy about the bottles. Her sweet little black eye is finally starting to go away. Who knew that falling on the stairs, barely at that, would leave such a mark)
3 comments:
That girl makes me laugh!! Update us on how she did with school!!!
I hope the transition to the new school goes smoothly. Have a great day!
I hope the 2nd time goes better for y'all. We never had that problem with Brooklynn b/c she started in daycare at 8 weeks so thats all she has ever known. Now with Cannon, we may have a problem b/c by time he goes next fall, he would have been with only me for 18 months...could be rough! Good luck :)
As far as potty training - you may just want to get a little potty for her and let her just get used to the idea by having it out...and you can go from there as she gets a little older. As much as I hated changing diapers with Brooklynn, potty training is pretty rough in the beginning - having to stay on top of them at all times..but it definitely gets better :)
Post a Comment