Sunday, June 13, 2010

Update on Texas

Todd and I met in Dallas to head over to the design center to pick out things for our new house. I flew in from Atlanta and Todd met me when he got off work from Chicago. We had a fun 2 days being together, minus our little one. I love Lauren more than anything but a little 2 day getaway is so needed, especially when I'm a single mommy 90% of the time. We had fun!
We ate at Babe's one day for lunch. It's soooo good, basically just good ole' country cooking. At the Babe's we went to, you had the choice of either country fried steak or fried chicken. It's a family style restaurant so you get unlimited corn, biscuits, gravy, and mashed potatoes. Heavenly but oh so bad for you!

On to the house update.....(this is mainly for my family to get the down low. Sorry if it's boring to everyone else)
This would say Whitworth Hills. That massive new thing they planted is a little high. HA! I love the entrance to our area of the neighborhood. It's so pretty!
Sold sign for our property on the golf course. Now let's just hope this sale goes through because of the contingency on our house selling.
The main things we picked out for the house. Granite countertops like the picture, the dark brown hardwood floors, brown cabinets, tile for all of the bathrooms, carpet, and tanish color paint for the entire house. I LOVE how it looks together. We basically copied the model homes.
Lauren's crazy big closet. Spoiled girl :) The other 2 rooms upstairs don't have walk in closets. They are huge but not walk in. Of course little L gets the massive closet. What girl wouldn't want a big closet?

6 comments:

Summer said...

Love that pic of you and the hubs! I am super excited for ya'll and your new house! OMG that closest is HUGE!! What a spoiled sweet precious girl you have.....all girls deserve to be spoiled haha
xoxo
Summer :0)

Two Dozen and Change said...

Love it girl! Can't wait to see pictures of the finished product!

Amanda Ledford said...

You know I love the house, now I'm in love with the decor (and that closet!)!!!! I think we are going to have the same granite??? Hope to see you sometime this week.

Kristen and Andy said...

Love all your choices for the house! That was one of my favorite things to do when we bought our 1st house 6 years ago - picking everything out. And that closet - WOW!!! Brooklynn definitely needs a closet like that (as does every other girl - ha!) although she'd prob still fill it up. Poor Cannon only has an armoire for his closet....

Kenna said...

I love love love what you picked Court! It's going to be so beautiful! Go ahead and sign us up for the guest room for a few days once you guys are settled! Love you!!

Lauren said...

So exciting to be able to pick out all the things for your home. And no fair, even my closet isn’t that big. She doesn’t know how good she has it, ha! :)