Olivia's gorgeous birthday cake!
So I was out of town for like 10 days. I didn't exactly want to advertise that on the blog because really, who does? :) When I was staying with mom in Georgia, we drove to Charlotte (only 3.5 hours away) for my cousin's little girl's birthday. Sweet Olivia turned 3! I can't believe it. She had such a fun birthday party at her favorite place, Chuck E Cheese. It was Lauren's first visit and she LOVED it. You can't tell by the pictures though. She was so serious that it was kind of funny but she did have fun.
Meet the birthday girl. This is sweet Olivia!
So one thing I love about our family is that we make an effort to get together. There are some families that just don't care that much to ever do things together but we are soooo not like that. We got up bright and early that morning and drove 3.5 hours for the party and then drove the 3.5 hours home. I love doing things like that. I don't want to miss out on family activities and it's truly not that difficult to put yourself in the car. When I have 2 kids, I might change my mind but Lauren can totally get over the car ride. She's not a fan of the car but I don't want her to miss out on things. She was 100% fine when we got there and was an angel on the ride home. We had so much fun and would do it again in a heart beat!! Todd was out of town but my mom went with me. It was perfect.
Riding the horse. So serious but it was her favorite ride.
Horse shot #2. Can she be any more serious?
My little big girl. I love that she can really play now all by herself. She loves it.
Olivia's little brother, Ace. He just turned 1 last month.
The Bob the Builder ride was a big hit. By the way, I think Lauren is over her "say cheese" phase. I'm sad that didn't last very long. She would not smile at all....makes me sad!
My big girl at the food table. Check out the decor. Kenna did an amazing job decorating. Go to her blog HERE for ideas. It was soooo cute and better than the typical Chuck E Cheese decor.
Our grandparents always come to festivities too. It's so nice that they are all in their late 70s but don't miss out on the fun stuff. This is my Papa Lloyd.
We had so much fun Livie at your party! Thanks for inviting us :) We'll come fly to Charlotte sometime over the next 2 months for another play date!



1 comment:
I am SOOO glad you guys made the trip. I know it's such a long day for you all but we really really love having your there! It wouldn't be the same if our only baby cousin wasn't there. :) It's going to get tougher next year when you guys move to big D. But we'll worry about that later. :) Great pictures!!
Post a Comment