Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hilton Head Fun

One of our very favorite places to visit is Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. We took Lauren 3 times last year because you can get such good deals at resorts on www.priceline.com. I'm talking like $60 a night good of a deal. Can't beat that, especially when there's only 4 resorts on the island so you know you'll get one of the 4. We stayed at the Westin this time. In the past, we've been awarded the Hilton and Marriott, both of which we love. The Westin was just as great, minus a kiddie pool, but it was wonderful! 
(Just got blasted by a wave. Despite the look on her face, she was laughing hysterically)

We only stayed for 2 nights, on Todd's off days, so it was a wonderful mini-vacation. The Westin was wonderful and noticed that we were Starwood members with a gold status so we didn't have to check out until 4pm on Tuesday. That was awesome. It was like having a free extra day. Speaking of gold status, what does all that mean anyway? I never keep up. I just gladly said "thank you, we'll take the 4pm check out" :)
On our first day there, Lauren swam and swam and swam. Goodness, my child is like a little fish. She LOVES the water. We got in the car to head over to Fudruckers for dinner and she was asleep within 2 minutes. Poor baby girl! 

So I have to explain the next picture. If you know Lauren, you know that we've had major eating issues with her ever since she was around 3-4 months old. She truly does not enjoy food, has never asked for food, never would she open her mouth for more, watch us as we would eat, etc. We've been to therapy, had swallow studies done, etc. I offer her every food on this planet and it's just been a struggle to get her to eat. WELL GUESS WHAT? After offering "kid friendly" foods like chicken nuggets, hamburger, fries, etc. you'll never guess what she LOVES and I mean loves....
You named it....salad. Seriously, salad Lauren??? I ordered a Taco Salad and she just kept signing and saying more over and over and I finally scooted my plate to her with a fork. The girl went to town and ate salad like she's never had a meal in her entire 19 months of life. It wasn't just a fluke. I ordered salad all 3 days there and she ate salad all 3 days.....crazy! I guess places need to put salads on their kids menus now.
(present from her daddy)
(The end of day 1. I've never seen her so tired in my entire life. She fell asleep with the lights on and Todd and I getting ready for bed.)

Day 2....coming up

9 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun!! I’ve heard wonderful things about Hilton Head. Sounds beautiful. And that’s too funny about her love for salad. Can’t say she doesn’t eat healthy, ha!!

Unknown said...

That is amzing that she loves salad!! Maybe she's a vegetarian! :) So cute!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Hilton Head!

Anna said...

Ah I looooove HH. YAY for salad!!

beckylbranch said...

She likes SALAD!!!! ha..ha...ha..!!!! That is hilarious...looks like you guys are having so much fun! Love the Elmo shirt too :) Continue to have a great trip and enjoy your family time together!

Courtney said...

What a great place to have a mini vacation. I love that she loves salad. That is one of my nephews favorite things to eat. I agree they should put it on the kids menu.

Kristen and Andy said...

What an awesome mini vacation! I've always wanted to go to Hilton Head - looks beautiful! That is too funny about the salad - my daughter loves it too :)

Emily said...

I love HHI! We have been there many times and can't wait to take Holden! The salad thing cracks me up! Such a sweet girl : )

Rachel and Hans said...

Wow...those are great deals on HH! My parents have a condo right near the Westin, but we are slowly outgrowing it. Will have to remember priceline for future trips! Looks like you guys are having a great time. How cool would it have been if we had been out there now, too?! We were off by a month!