Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Recap

Lauren had such a fun Halloween! This was technically her third Halloween experience. She came home from the hospital on Halloween in 2008 and last year she was too young to trick or treat. That all changed this year. My sweet little girl knows all about candy and knew exactly what to do in order to get her beloved "Mmmms" (M&Ms) and other yummy sugar!
The morning started by filling cute paper bags with candy. I prefer to go the bag route because it's cuter and the kids can't take 10 pieces of candy at a time. We usually put 4-5 pieces in each little bag. Lauren was a big help. She tried to open the candy wrappers as we were placing them in the bags. I think she was confused! 
My little Snow White all dressed up. We technically had 3 costumes to choose from this year. I bought a pumpkin costume on clearance last year for this year. I just wasn't thrilled with the quality and it was still a little too big on my peanut. The week before Halloween, Todd and I went to TJ Maxx while she was at preschool and we scored 2 cute costumes: Snow White and Cinderella. We were looking for fun outfits to take to Disney and it just happened that they worked perfect for Halloween. We couldn't beat the $15 price tag either!
Lauren was very ready to trick or treat and wanted to leave pronto! The neighborhood was a little slow in starting this year so we waited and waited until the sun set.
We killed time by trying to take family photos. Talk about hard with a 2 year old! This was the best shot out of many.
We also played "Where's our nose?" Lauren likes to grab noses and say "Honk Honk!" It's sooo funny!
Finally it was time! We were in Atlanta at my parent's neighborhood. It's so perfect for trick or treating with the nice sidewalks. Lauren went to about 10 or so houses. She knew exactly what to do. Once she got a sucker at the first house, she wanted to keep going. I tried to help her carry her treat bag and she wouldn't have it. Being 2, she's a big girl, ya know?
After our fun! She was so sweet. I think she liked the whole idea of getting candy at other people's houses :)
Her loot. Not too shabby! Todd and I have tested it out to make sure it tastes okay!
My sweet little girl was tired and ready for bed after her trick or treat experience. She had no problem going to bed that night!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Katie said...

What a beautiful Snow White!

I'm laughing about Lauren in time out, too. Our crazy kids. ; )

SMillwood said...

Sp precious!

Unknown said...

OHHHH I feel your pain on the photos!! I'm sitting here eating her candy as the kids are down for a nap. I gotta get control. :)

Kristen and Andy said...

She is the cutest Snow White ever!!! Sounds like she had a fun time - its so neat when they really start 'getting it'.....love it!

Courtney said...

She looks adorable in her costume. Glad she had great time.

Jenna said...

She is so cute! And B says "honk honk" when he squeezes his nose too! Funny!