We went to the Magic Kingdom today! To say I was excited is an understatement. The Magic Kingdom has always been "Disney" to me. I knew Lauren would love it and Todd has never been so I was excited for both of them.
We took the 10am shuttle to the park and got here around 10:30am. We started off the day by riding It's a Small World. Lauren loved it! She wasn't afraid at all. She even danced, sang, waved hi, and blew kisses to the sweet kids. There wasn't a line. Have I mentioned how nice that is???? We haven't had to wait more than 10 minutes for anything. It's glorious. We haven't even needed fast passes.
Her face above is what she looked like riding It's a Small World. So cute!! And yes, that's a backpack with a leash. Don't judge :) We're coming home from Disney with our kid. I always thought those little backpacks looked silly until I had a child that will run in .2 seconds and not listen when her name is called. It's been wonderful on this trip!
The picture above was taking last night at dinner. The parks have worn this girl out!! After Animal Kingdom, we headed over to Sweet Tomatoes to eat. Todd and I love eating there! We don't have one in Chattanooga so we like to go in Atlanta when we head to my parent's house. If you aren't familiar, it's basically a HUGE salad bar, tons of soups, pasta, muffins, dessert, etc. It's buffet but classy buffet if that makes sense.
At The Magic Kingdom today, we rode so many rides: Tea cups, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain (Todd and I), Speedway race cars, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Todd), watched the Philharmagic show, rode the carousel, saw Mickey and Minnie's house, and watched the show about the Presidents. What a packed day! We didn't even get to ride everything so we're going back either tomorrow or Thursday.
We decided to share meals and ate at 2 different places. It was fun that way so we could try different foods. Am I the only way that gets excited to try different food??? Our first food stop was a cute little place that had a chicken nuggets basket. We got this thinking Lauren would eat some. She's actually eaten great here but decided to boycott food today. The next place was a yummy seafood restaurant. We got the Shrimp basket and a bowl of clam chowder. That was definitely our favorite!!
We capped off the evening with dessert on Main Street. Lauren fell asleep so Todd and I took advantage of the quiet time and split an apple turnover, chocolate croissant, and coffee. YUM :)
Thats Lauren sound asleep with the castle in the background. I've never seen her so tired.
Out like a light...if only she'd go to sleep at night. That's another story...
So I like to keep my posts light and airy without too much complaining. It's just not my style but don't be fooled, we've had the 2 year old tantrums. We've had plenty and I know she's 2 so it's expected. However, after being around a ton of older kids too, they can throw them just as well. There isn't a "perfect" age to bring your kids here and I can say 100% that we are so glad we are here with Lauren. She'd throw fits no matter how old she is :)





3 comments:
Sounds like y'all are having an awesome time at Disney World - so jealous! Can you believe I have NEVER been? Definitely on my to-do list once the kids are a little older...can't wait!
And I hear ya' on the backpack leash thing - I felt the same way when traveling last summer with both kids by plane...and I will be using it again this month when I fly alone with them again! People can think and say what they want, but I intend to arrive with both my kids :)
I am soooo jealous!! We want to go so badly.. we do need to wait until Tyler is older!!! Looks like soooo much fun!
Hi! We really miss you at home and school but I'm happy to see you are having such a great time and Lauren is enjoying all the rides--although that is no shocker! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
See you soon!
Post a Comment