Today was super fun, packed day! We headed over to the Animal Kingdom this morning after breakfast. We all slept in until 9am and took a 10am shuttle to the park. We originally planned on 2 parks today but our contact here for free tickets never called us back, nice huh? No biggie. We just headed over to see the animals and then bought tickets for the other parks. I didn't know what to expect with Animal Kingdom because I've never been before. I've heard it being called a glorified zoo but it was so much more than that. We loved it!
The picture above is from yesterday at T-Rex. Again, these are cell phone pictures. I'll post much better ones when we get home :)
To start our day, we had some yummy free breakfast downstairs. When hotels say free breakfast, I always think just cereal and pastries. This place is awesome. It's a hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, donuts, cereals, yogurt, fruit, hot chocolate, coffee, juice, etc. It's fabulous!
We found a fun ride for little L. It reminds me of Dumbo at Magic Kingdom but the little carts are dinosaurs. Lauren loved it! She wanted to ride a million times. My sweet 2 year old doesn't know what it means to have to get off the ride to let others have a turn. She pitched a royal fitch over wanting to ride again. It was her lucky day because the parks are not crowded at all - as in there's no line - so we didn't have to get off. We just rode again and again :)
We took a train, aka "choo choo" over to the petting zoo. Lauren is saying Choooo Choooo in the picture above. She loved it. Once again, no lines or anything. We practically had this part of the train to ourselves. It's awesome.
Lauren and I on the safari ride. This was my favorite part of the park. It was beyond awesome getting to see of these amazing animals up close.
Check this guy out. This Rhino just casually walked by us. WILD!
Look closely: 3 hippos in the water.
The elephants! There was a mommy and her baby.
So the Animal Kingdom far surpassed our expectations. We really enjoyed it!
Next up: Day 1 at the Magic Kingdom. I CAN NOT WAIT








2 comments:
Glad you guys made it down safely and are having fun!
Glad you guys are having fun! Lucy loved T-Rex too. Did Lauren get to dig in the bone pit?
Post a Comment