Saturday, October 30, 2010

How Lauren Spent Her Special Day

Lauren had such a wonderful birthday. We filled the day with all kinds of fun activities! She and I were solo for the majority of the morning. Todd finished work on the 28th but was stuck in Chicago not able to get home (Reason 800 why we're moving to an AA hub). I wanted Lauren to have a special birthday morning even if it was just the 2 of us. She slept in until 9am, thanks little L, and then we made pumpkin pancakes together. She is so fun to cook with now. She really gets into the stirring. Sometimes we have way more on the floor but that's ok :)

Stirring all the dry ingredients together. She's a great little cook.
The approval of the pancakes and bacon. She liked both!
Mommy's yummy pancakes!
Activity number 2 included trying grapes for lunch. Lauren has shook her head no at me every single time I've offered grapes in the past. Not on her birthday! My big 2 year old loves grapes now. She eats them a little different though. She bites them in half and then puts the other half back on the tray....it's a start.
Daddy then came home and we made him some yummy pancakes and bacon for his lunch/breakfast. After lunch, Lauren took a great 4 hour nap and then it was off to Disney on Ice. My little Snow White got all dressed up for the event.
We had to take some pictures outside of her in her costume before leaving. She wasn't exactly cooperative but we still managed to get a few cute shots. 
Enjoying the show!!! She was mesmerized. I think Todd and I got a little teary because we loved watching her enjoy herself. It made us have even more fun and now we can't wait until our Disney trip next month.
Happy little Snow White! She seriously loved the 2 hour show.
Here she is clapping at the end of a scene.
Lauren's first snow cone in a keepsake mug. I love buying her fun little souvenirs and this was right up her alley. She loves ice!!!
Minnie and Mickey even made an appearance as special guests. Lauren screamed "Hi Minnie Hi Minnie" when she came on stage. I know a little girl that is going to love Disneyworld! 
My sweet Snow White waving bye to all of the characters.

Lauren had such a great birthday. I think she celebrated 2 in style!!!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Courtney said...

What a wonderful way to spend her birthday! You will have so much fun this year. I have loved since Logan has turned to because he can do so much more and he understands things. She will love Disney!

Emily said...

Looks like she had a very special birthday! I would love to take our kids to Disney on Ice, that would be so much fun!!!

Happy Birthday Sweet Lauren!

Summer said...

Courtney,
You did great making Lauren's day so very special! I love cooking in the kitchen with Kelcee! We have never made pumpkin pancakes before are they easy to make?? Lauren looks like she is having lots of fun helping mommy! I just love her snow white outfit I have to say she is the cutest little snow white ever!! Did she get to meet Ariel! I love all the pics of her she looks sooooo happy and the pics of ya'll with her are so presh too! I love memories like that I can remember the first time we took Kelcee to Disney on ice she lit up like a Christmas Tree :0) Now it is a tradition that we take her every year we love it!!

Awwww how cute is that her enjoying her first snow cone....I love getting Kelcee trinkets like that too....geezy peezy they mark those things up don't they LOL

xoxo
Summer

Lauren said...

Soooooooooooooooo cute. She is going to have a blast at Disney!! Can't wait to see you :)

Anonymous said...

Glad she enjoyed her special day! We loved Disney on Ice! They are in town again and I am tempted to go again. Glad you all had fun celebrating your sweet Lauren!

Rachel and Hans said...

What a fun day! She will love disney...we are headed there next weekend (we are in JAX for the month) but I know Kaia won't enjoy it as much as your little Lauren will. I think the 9 month age difference is a big deal. We are just going to the park one day...Epcot (b/c it's Hans & my favorite!).

Kristen and Andy said...

What a fun birthday day for her....its so nice to make their actual birthday special too - regardless of when their party is. I always do the same too - so much fun.