Friday, October 8, 2010

Burts Pumpkin Patch Day 1



We headed off to Burt's Pumpkin Patch on Wednesday. Todd was only off for 2 days this week so we made the most of it. Lauren has MDO on Thursday so Wednesday it was. Burt's is by no means close to our house. It took us about 2 hours to get there but it was well worth it. We missed going last year so it was fun for Lauren to be able to run to her heart's content and pick out her most favorite pumpkin.
My little pumpkin love bug! This is the second year she is wearing her little pumpkin dress. I just made it a top so she can keep wearing it. I was so excited when her shoes came in the mail. I found them on ebay. They squeak and it drives me bonkers! I am putting a little hot glue on the squeaker and muting those bad boys today :)
This is the best I could do to get her to look at the camera.
Picking out her own little pumpkin
My attempt to get Little L to sit still and take a picture with her mommy
Burt's had very yummy refreshments. You don't even want to know what we ate. Let me just give you a run down: Popcorn and apple cider for Lauren, 2 slices of a pumpkin roll, 1 apple pie, and pumpkin bread to bring home. No worries....we stopped at an Orchard on the way home and bought even more goodies :) Tis the season for amazing food!
The perfect little spot to put Lauren so she couldn't run away. We have to get sneaky. My child is wild and will run and never look back. I wonder if her ears work....kidding.
Trying my best to get a good smile!
This is the view I had of Lauren the majority of the day. She never looked back and ran laps all throughout Burt's Pumpkin Patch. I think I saw every single pumpkin they had multiple times.

Coming up: Post 2. I took too many pictures!







10 comments:

Kristen and Andy said...

That is the cutest outfit ever!!! Love it! I can totally relate about a child who will not sit still long enough for a pic - or anything else for that matter - my daughter is the exact same way - its exhausting - ha!

Michelle said...

Lauren's shoes are just precious!!!!

Beth said...

Looks like Laurne had fun! Her outfit is ADORABLE!

Lauren said...

How fun and that outfit is soooooooooo cute on her!! :)

Warf pary of 3 said...

looks like yall had a great time. were going to our local pumpkin patch sunday. its only 10 mins from our house. im not so sure i could drive 2 hours but maybe for the kids.

Unknown said...

So you know you can just pull the squeakers out.. right?? :)

Courtney said...

Looks like tons of fun. I love her little outfit.

Anonymous said...

So fun! I think we are planning a trip to the pumpkin patch in the coming days...I love her outfit!

Heather said...

Love this post Courtney, I almost called you Lauren! Lauren looks adorable in her outfit! precious, I can't wait to take my bunch!

Ashley said...

Oh man! the squeeky shoes....
Ava is OBSESSED with those darn shoes and asks to wear them every day. They embarrass me SO BAD! But how do I tell a girl no?
She is such a cutie pie! Can't wait to see a pic of her in her pumpkin shirt:)