Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lauren's 2nd Birthday Party

Lauren turns 2 on Friday, October 29 but we celebrated with a fun party yesterday, the 23rd. Her birthday falls during Halloween weekend so we didn't want to have it then so all of our family could come in town. We rented a petting zoo and pony to come to the house but had a Little Mermaid, Ariel theme inside. Totally goes together, right?? :) I couldn't pass up Ariel because she is one of Lauren's favorites!
Gifts and Party Favor Table

We didn't have an overwhelming large party. There were 8 kids, including Lauren, and 3 sweet babies. I wanted to keep it personal but include all of her sweet friends. It was the perfect amount. We loved having everyone over and enjoyed the entertainment :) My sister flew in from Dallas, cousins drove in from Charlotte, and my mom drove from Atlanta. Todd and I love to entertain but don't do it often. We live about 40 minutes from our closest friends so it was a treat having them over. We would love to do it more often!
Party Favor Bags Up Close :) I ordered the bag tags off of etsy. The shop name is on my sidebar.
Mermaid cookies for the kids to take home. I ordered these from a shop on Signal Mountain. It's called The Signal Mountain Cookie Lady. She is wonderful!
Lauren was quite in her element with the chicken. She would be just fine living on a farm. Me? Not so much....I'd prefer a highrise in the city!
We bought this bounce house from Toys R Us to keep at the house. I was trying to think of something that could entertain the kids after the Petting Zoo left. This ended up being perfect. The kids had so much fun and it was just the right size. We are definitely happy with this purchase!
Lauren riding the pony. She is a serious rider. I can scream and jump up and down all day long but she still won't look at the camera. She loved it, I promise!

I'll post more pictures later this week. That was the just of her party though :)







Photobucket

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Just precious!!!!!!!!! :)

Emily said...

Her party was SO cute!!!! I love the decorations and I love the pony!

Kristen and Andy said...

Her party looked like so much fun!!! Everything looks so cute. I ordered some tags similar to that too from Etsy for Brooklynn's favor bags - can't wait to see them - her's are stickers though :) Hope she had a great 2nd bday - so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hope she had a very Happy Birthday! It looks like a special party. I am glad you got to share it with good family and friends!

Unknown said...

SOOO cute!! I love those cookies!!

Summer said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!! Courtney you did an awesome job with the party! Love the mermaid cookies eeeeeeeeek fabulous and those bag tags are so stinkin cute! Oh and I love the pom poms that hang! Awwww what fun! Lauren totally looks in her element with the chicken and horsey and it totally goes with the Mermaid theme LOL....
Land and Water perfect :0) See Ariel always wanted to be on land and on land there are chickens hahahah

I love her mermaid outfit....can't wait to see more pics
xoxo
Summer

Summer said...

did my comment go through? blogger doesn't like me today LOL

Jenna said...

Such an adorable party!!!! Happy birthday Miss Lauren!

Anonymous said...

Happy BIrthday Lauren!
The decorations are so cute, you did a great job! I love the picture of her holding the chicken, she is so brave.

Laurie said...

Looks like a great party!!!!!!! I love those cookies!!!! My girls love the Little Mermaid.

Elisabeth said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

That was an awesome party. I have seriously considered the bounce house purchase . . how hard is it to blow up, put down & store?

Happy Birthday, Miss Lauren! I love reading about you!