Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Todd's Big 4-1

Todd's birthday was the 10th but I'm just now getting around the posting about his birthday weekend. Yes, birthday weekend. He's one lucky dude and got celebrated all weekend long. On Friday, he enjoyed a yummy cake made by my friend Becky. You should definitely get her to make your next cake if you're local. They are quite tasty.
Lauren "picked out" the Tennessee cake for her daddy. Smart choice even though they played HORRIBLE Saturday.
Side view of the cake. I love the polka dots!
Lauren decided she'd be extra sweet and cuddle her daddy on his birthday. Check out her arm placed around his neck. Of course Todd's other girl, Belle, had to be in on the action. She's the sweetest puppy ever!!!
On Friday afternoon, we drove to Atlanta to spend the weekend at my parent's house. On Friday night, we had plans to go to my mom's high school football game. She's a counselor/vice principal. Yup, she's doing both jobs this year. Somehow it works. Their football team is really really good so we had fun taking Lauren to her first game. Surpringly, she did very well. She was very scared at first because of all the noise but she warmed up in no time. She climbed up and down the bleachers and wore her little self out. We left at half time but had fun.
Lauren was a wild woman and never did fall asleep at a decent hour Friday night after the game. She was up until midnight and was wired. We said a million times that we'd never take her to another football game.
Being the wild woman that she is playing with her daddy's hat.

On Saturday, Todd and I got to enjoy a whole 8 hours together for a date. That never happens. We started the day going to see a morning movie. We then went to lunch at a Brazilian Steakhouse called Sal Grosso. After we stuffed ourselves silly, we found a Trader Joes and bought some $2 wine :), 9 bottles to be exact, and some other yummy goodies. Todd had a gift card from my parents to a running store called Big Peach (for Atlanta, get it? The peaches). My parents spoil him and got him a super nice gift card so he bought some new fancy running shoes. We ended our date at the glorious Babies R Us. How do we always end up there on date days? Thanks Mom for babysitting. Lauren is lucky she has such a good sitter.

Video: So you think Lauren is happy all the time? Think not. This video is classic. I about rolled on the floor laughing. My little girl can thrown a major meltdown when she doesn't get cake pronto. She is obsessed with sugar. She rarely gets it but my goodness gracious, she doesn't ever forget it.
Update: I totally know I shouldn't laugh when she throws a tantrum but over cake Lauren, really? Sheesh girlfriend chill out. We just found it so hilarious that we just couldn't cut the cake fast enough for our peanut.
Photobucket

8 comments:

The Blanton's said...

LOL Mason walks away and throws himself on the ground too!! It's hysterical...at home

Mrs. Southern said...

That cake looks so good so I can understand why Lauren was so upset that she couldn't get it fast enough. My favorite part was as soon as you said you were going to show the tape she ran off. She's a smart girl!

Kenna said...

Happy Happy Birthday Todd!!

SMillwood said...

Sorry I am late...Happy Birthday, Todd! Looks like it was a fabulous weekend!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Happy Brithday to Todd! LOVE the picture of the three of you. An all day date does sound fabulous! Oh, and cake is serious business!! Haha. You know at (almost) two everything is an urgent need!

Unknown said...

I totally feel your pain, Lauren. That's the way I feel when I'm hungry, too. :)

p.s. Courtney I tag you on that last survey!

Heather said...

Happy birthday to your man!! There is a big orange T on that cake, eww!! Ha!! Just kidding!! Love the pics, super sweet!!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Lauren snuggling with her daddy, so precious. The video of the tantrum was priceless! I would have been the same way if someone wouldn't let me have any cake. I bet it was yummy :)