Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Catch Up Post

Yikes, it's been a while, huh? I need to play catch up with my blog. We went swimming with Amanda and Nicholas a little over a week ago again. I learned a lesson on the way to their neighborhood. Never ever ever EVER put Lauren in a swim diaper in the car. Those darn things do not hold urine. How in the world do they hold pool water? I don't get it. Needless to say, we had "pee pee" as Lauren calls it, all in her car seat and all over her swimsuit. Of course this would be the day that I didn't take a change of clothes. I knew she'd be tired from swimming so I thought I'd just put her in the car and off we go. Lesson learned.
(She fell asleep within 5 minutes of leaving their house)


(cute little birthday gift for Lauren's friend, Lauren. I wanted a bag or something that she could keep for a super long time so I ordered this one online. Lauren picked out books and crayons to put inside)


(We had a cookie cake at our house last week. My mom brought one up from Sams so we could try it before ordering one for my grandpa's 80th birthday party. Holy moley, it was awesome. They do the "double decker" with the 2 cookies with icing in the middle, for a whopping $15. Seriously. The Great American Cookie Company charges way more than that. Lauren like it. She found it and totally opened it herself)


(Caught! The cake is huge so I cut 3/4 of it up to put it in the freezer. I then put the top back on it to take it out to the trash. Lauren wanted to play with it and I never thought she could open it. Those lids are on super tight. I was sooooo wrong. Chica doesn't like food hardly at all but she can down some cake. She has her daddy's sweet tooth and said "Yummy Yummy" about 80 million times)

1 comment:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

She is just precious! I love that bag. All of the videos are so cute...I think I watched three. I think Ariel and the Petting zoo work. I mean Ariel is a mermaid and that is a kind of animal, right?