Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lauren Goes Biking

We had a fun little family day today. We bailed on a family reunion and spent the day as a family of 3. Todd rarely has days off it seems so it's nice to actually do things together. He found Lauren a WeeRide to attach to my bike so we can go to the trails for some bike riding. We also needed a trailer hitch and bike rack so Todd installed both on Friday night so we'd be ready to go. 

Just for the record, Lauren was deathly afraid of the helmets. We would put ours on and walk around the house looking ridic. She would scream "no no no no" because she was afraid. I was a little nervous if she would even wear hers at the trail. She surprised us to say the least and wore it happily.
Ready to go with my peanut. I was all decked out in my helmet about to brave the task of putting Lauren's on her.

Here's my girl all ready for her first ride with her daddy. She is telling me in the picture that she's wearing "a hat momma."

Ready to rock in roll!

The verdict on the WeeRide is that I like it but it's kind of awkward at the same time. Your knees tend to stick out a little as you pedal. I just like her being in the front so I'll get over it. I'm sure it'd be way more comfortable to have her ride in the back but I feel weird not being able to see my girl.

After our bike ride this afternoon, we decided to punt Lauren's afternoon nap in fear she wouldn't sleep tonight. I had to entertain her for about 3 hours to avoid 5 gazillion meltdowns. She is so good at melting down these days. Must be the almost 2 age. 
We decided to have our own little tailgate late this afternoon while watching football. We grilled chicken wings, really just the legs, and had chips with dip and salsa. Guess what my salad loving girl likes to eat? 

Salsa of course!

Go figure because it's spicy. She likes most things with a kick. It's wild.

Making sure her chips are fully covered in salsa. 

Coming up....Lauren eating Caesar Salad....again.



Photobucket

5 comments:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

She looks so stinking cute in that helmet!

Anonymous said...

The bike looks really cool. I have never seen one with any type of seat in front. How neat! What a fun way to spend the day as a family.

Kristen and Andy said...

She looks so proud in her bike helmet - so fun!

And yes...the meltdowns become a full time job at this age - Brooklynn is almost 3 and they are still going strong - maybe not as often, but when they do happen - they are huge!

Heather said...

What a great bike ride, y'all look so cute!! She is cracking me up with her foods of choice!!

Lauren said...

Aw, so fun!!! Totally digging the helmet on you!!! :) Ha!