Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Good Deals

(Me and my girl in Charleston, SC Labor Day weekend)

I drove 9 hours with Lauren alone on Monday to head home to Chattanooga. Todd drove with us to Charleston but then had to fly out Sunday morning for work. The 9 hour drive definitely isn't one that I look forward to with Lauren but we make it work. This was the second time I've done that drive solo with her. It went much better than the first trip I think. I still prefer the car company though!

When Lauren was at Mother's Day Out on Tuesday, I went to a consignment sale that is here this week. Surprise Surprise. Lauren definitely doesn't need clothes AT ALL but I was looking for a couple of play outfits. Now that she's at the church school, she gets messy and I would rather her not wear all of her new Gymboree clothes there. 

(Super cute white Keds. I was so excited when I spotted these because I almost bid on a pair on ebay. I don't believe in the whole "no white after Labor Day" mess so she'll happily sport these later this year)

(Very cute Gymboree outfit. It's not new so she can happily wear it to school:)

(I love these fleece jammies. I always look for these but it's hard to find new ones. These look like they've never been worn)

(I love the red outfit. It's pants with a super cute poncho. I'll just have to put a cute red shirt under the poncho. It's made by Baby Gap and a size 12-18 months. I wasn't sure if it would fit her as Lauren will be 2 in October. However, I tried it on her when we got home and it's perfect. I estimated right :) The outfit on the right is a Carters hooded top and matching pink pants, new with tags, size 18 months. Perfect!!

I got everything for $33. Not too shabby!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Summer said...

Courtney,
That pic of you and Lauren is so beautiful! You are so pretty and Lauren is just to presh for words! You deserve a medal for driving 9 hrs with a toddler solo....eeeek that would be tough

Glad you made it home safe and sound and Lauren did better on this trip

Girlie I wished we lived closer so you could show me how to shop hahahaha
you always score the best deals

I love all the outfits and um that baby gap outfit is beyond presh

I couldn't agree more about the fleece jammies we love them and every time we go to JHU we hit the Carters outlets and stock up...they always have sales on them and they are usually only 10.oo usually like 22.00 so score

have a great day

oh Lauren would so love that ariel trike....it is super cute it keeps them entertained for hours the one thing though is I can never seem to get the bubbles to work right but I'm dingy LOL

xoxo
Summer

Kenna said...

Too funny! Livie had that exact Gymboree outfit. We probably still have it although I'm sure the shirt has stains. You need to come raid her closet!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Glad your trip back was good. I did not envy that 9 hour car trip--my Lilly has trouble with the 3 hour one we take frequently! So glad it went well!! Good job on the good finds!

Unknown said...

9 hour drive with a toddler NOT FUN! Love the consignment finds!! I so just bought white shoes for Madison for the fall/winter. :)

Sarah said...

You know I like a good deal, great finds!!! I have been meaning to ask you; Lauren and Lucy are on the same growth curve, should I buy 12 or 18m for Disney/Christmas stuff? What do you think?

beckylbranch said...

I love all her outfits! You did so good, you always find the BEST deals of anyone!

Anonymous said...

Traveling with children is very hard...Especially by yourself. So I can relate. I am glad you made it safely and hope you got a chance to put your feet up after that and relax!

The clothes are so cute! I miss consignment sales they don't have very many here. And those are sooo handy!

Have a great week.