Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Recap

Our Labor Day weekend was spent in Charleston, SC this year. That city has become Lauren's second home as she's been there so many times in her short almost 2 years of life. My dad grew up there and his parents still live there. We love the beach so it's the perfect place to retreat to every few months. We missed out of the beach this trip though. We were just too busy! 
(Cake #1 Our main reason for going was to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday. You would never know he's 80. He still goes to the beach with us and rides the waves)

(Cake #2. I ordered both cakes at Sams. They were delicious and perfectly priced at $15 and $12. You can't beat it)

(My grandpa and his "sugar." He's always called Lauren his sugar. They are inseparable and Lauren cried and cried when we would go to our hotel at night. She loves her Papa)

(The game of the weekend was to hide behind their swing on the porch. She loved playing peek a boo about 20 bazillion times)

(The crew. This is our family minus my sister (Lindsay), my cousin (Kyle), and Todd. We don't have a big family on either side. It's nice and quaint)

(Lauren and her best buddy the whole weekend. She loved this bunny in my grandparent's sitting room. The bunny usually resides in the little rocking chair but Lauren quickly snatched it up!)

(I had to make a quick run downtown to get some Christmas gifts. Todd and I took Lauren with us. As we were walking near the water, we found a fountain for Lauren. We didn't have her bathing suit but I did have a spare outfit. I could care less if she gets clothes wet so we let her have fun. We didn't even have a towel but we made it work. She loved it and that's all that matters)

(Lauren's face pretty much sums up how she felt after being so busy. She was done and ready for some sleep. We quickly left after she made it clear that she was tired. However, we did have to stop at the little coffee shop/bakery at the market before leaving. I LOVE their gingerbread cookies and they have massive fountain drinks. It's a stop we make every single time :)

(My little Charleston loving girl. We can't wait for our next trip there!)


Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart Charleston. So pretty! I love all the fountains, markets, and Rainbow Row. So beautiful! Glad you got to celebrate your Grandfathers birthday. So special!

Mrs. Southern said...

Sounds like you guys had a great trip! The last picture of you and Lauren is so sweet. I love fountain drinks, something about them makes me think I'm not being as bad and drinking a coke from a bottle. :)

Lauren said...

Awwww, what a sweet time and your Grandpa is precious!!!! :)

beckylbranch said...

She is such a doll and you have a nice looking family! I love going home and visiting, it always makes me feel whole again. That fountain looks like so much fun! I can't wait until you move and we can hang out :P

Anonymous said...

So happy Todd got to go with you. It looks like y'all had a great time and I Love the pic of Lauren with her papa, so sweet!

The Blanton's said...

OK dang it! This is like the 3rd time ya'll have been down and we haven't gotten together! The kids will be in high school before we do!

Kenna said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! Happy birthday to Papa Rogers! He was born on the most perfect day. ;)

Rachel and Hans said...

Charleston is one of my favorite cities!! So fun! Looks like you had a great time. And I agree...Sam's makes great cakes! I ordered Kaia's bday cupcakes there...$12 for 30 and they designed them however I wanted - a steal!