Take #1 - Totally missed the smile on camera
Take #2 - Whoah someone was excited and wanted to see the camera. She likes to look at herself after I take her picture
Take #3 - playing with mommy on the floor like we do all the time, totally cut off Lauren's face, oops
Take #4 - Success!! I love that cute little dress. I always buy Lauren's clothes a season ahead at Gymboree so I find fabulous deals. She is a little shrimp and that dress is a 12-18 months. Her "girly tatas" :) show a little so I resorted to the good ole' white onesie. It works out perfect. I bought a 5 pack and put them under most of her tops now so she doesn't flash the world.
Random but the 2 sweet Laurens eating cheerios. My Lauren will do anything to get out of eating so she usually resorts to feeding others, silly girl.
So on another note, we are having some discipline problems in our house. I think Lauren gets so upset that her daddy is gone so much. She is a different child when he's home vs. me being by myself with her. For example, leaving the splash park with our friends Jill and her Lauren, my Lauren runs away from me, won't hold my hand to walk to the car, falls flat on her face, screams, tries to hit me as I pick her up, won't get in the car seat, cries for dada, tries to hit me, and the cycle continues. I just got in the car with her and cried because 1) I was embarrassed as we were in public and 2) I feel like I'm the world's worst mom on the planet and need to attend a parenting class.
Does anyone know of any good discipline/parenting books out there. When you're a part-time single mom, it's tough because your kids act different when their dad is around, it's a tough position. I don't know how to discipline her. She's only 19 months. Surely there's a book or something that can help. And this is reason #800 why I can't wait to move to Texas. Our neighbor told me the other day that she couldn't believe we would want to move to a base city so far away. All I wanted to say was "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" How would you like your husband to be gone ALL the time? Sometimes I just can't believe people think we're crazy for moving. Maybe I'm crazy but I actually love my husband and can't wait until I can see him more...just sayin'.
7 comments:
Courtney,
We are currently reading Shepharding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp.
Has some good stuff in it.
Glo
Now I am certainly not one to give advice, but in anticipation of the same issues in our household, I am reading "The new Dare to Discipline" by Dr. James Dobson. I LOVE it. It is just right on with my thinking.
I also read "Shepherding a Child's Heart" as well and really liked that, too. I feel like "Dare to Discipline" gives some more concrete examples of what to do, but they both are similar in the ideas behind what they teach.
Such a cute little smile she has!!!
The incident you described sounds exactly like the things Lincoln pulls on me. We spank in our house... we firmly believe in it.. but right now, its just not working. Please let me know if you find something that works because I need help too.
And your not a bad mommy... you are a wonderful mommy!
Love her cheese pics so stinkin cute and that header photo is fab!!
Girlie I am not one to give advice 'cause Kelcee is my one and only so I'm a learnin to chicka but I do find that the book What T Expect the Toddler Years is AWESOME you will love it.....
Gives alot of advice and examples....:0)
Oh and girlie that is Awesome you want to be with your hubby I love being with mine to.....so that doesn't make ya crazy it makes ya in love :0) Just sayin Hahahaha
xoxo
Summer :0)
That cheese face is precious!!! :)
Her smiles are so precious!! I would say she is doing good at the cheese face!
Shepherding a Childs Heart is an awesome book! Love it!!
Don't feel like you are the worst mom. You are a great mom. I know when Christian was deployed Lillian acted out regularly.
All we can do is our best and pray and ask for gods wisdom. Hugs!!
Post a Comment