Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lauren's First Plan Ride

Lauren took off on her very first plane ride last Wednesday, April 28. Todd and I needed to head back to Dallas to finish our house hunting trip and my mom had to work. I was so nervous taking Lauren on a plane as saying she's busy is a total understatement. She always wants down to run so I was afraid that I would be "that mom" with the wild child on the plane.
This sums it all up....super busy, checking things out, grabbing magazines in the seat pocket, playing with the tray, standing up, wanting down, etc.
Some people suggested that we take her car seat on the plane to keep her strapped in. We couldn't exactly do that as we fly stand by so we never know if she will actually have her own seat. We were soooo lucky because I made sure the flight was super empty so we could have a whole row to ourselves. For those of you wondering what the heck I'm talking about, Todd works for the airlines so we fly for free BUT we fly standby. It's never a big deal unless flights are full. We can see what a flight is booked to so we made sure to pick empty flights. It works perfectly!
Taking a self portrait with dada
Quick cuddle. This would only last like 30 seconds. She never did sleep on both flights. She's way too busy.
Coming home from Dallas. She stayed strapped in her seat for maybe 1 minute. She ate 2 crackers and then wanted "Down mamma, Down mamma"
Eating her 2 crackers before wanting to run down the aisle


Want a new blog makeover? The Design Girl is having a giveaway to win one! I could so use it! Check her out and enter!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like she did really well!

Summer said...

Well my friend ya have to love the perks of being married to a pilot so you can pick flights that our empty in case she wants to run run run LOL! We haven't took Kelcee on a plane yet, partially cause I am terrified of flying LOL!

I bet your hubs loved the experience of Lauren flying since he is a pilot and all! That pic of you and her is just presh! She is so pretty just like her mommy!!

She looks like she did really well!

Have a great day
xoxo
Summer :0)

Diana said...

Yeah for Lauren! Glad your trip went as well as possible with a little one in tow. Did you find a house?

We fly with our kiddos 2-3xs a year. I don't mind when the hubby is with us. I just don't like flying with the girls alone. I don't have enough hands. =)

Lauren said...

YAY! Glad she did well for her first flight and YAY for free flights!! :)