Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Consignment Sale Finds

My good friend Jill & I went to a local consignment sale last week. Its one of those that is only here on a seasonal basis, not all the time. We racked up some awesome finds but I'll save the best for last....It was so so nice going to her house in the AM with Lauren, drinking her fancy coffee that she makes, and her hubby watched our Laurens while we shopped.
Smocked Strasburg pink dress - $15
Gymboree watermelon outfit, top & shorts - $8
Gymboree sandals, never worn, with tags - $9
Perfect for my soon to be Texas girlie, Gymboree dress & sweater - $8
I AM NOT PREGNANT....Let's just get that one out there in the open :) I'm really not or I'll be suing Loestrin birth control, ha! I have no intentions of having baby numero 2 until Lauren is like 4. So you have to be wondering why I would buy a boy's crib bedding set. Here's the scoop:
I was almost at the end of the checkout line and I spotted this with airplanes. I'm a sucker for all things airplane because of Todd. I check it out, it was only $20 and here's the best part, it's from Pottery Barn Kids, and I swear it looks like it was never used. (the bumper, 1 set of sheets, and skirt) I BOUGHT IT. That may sounds craaazy but it was the deal of a century and if I never have a boy, I can sell it probably for double. As I was checking out, the checkout girl said she had the rest of the set that she was selling - the quilt, sheets, and pillows for $40 so I got the entire set for $60. Not too shabby in my book! I'm not crazy, right? :)

8 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go girl! And no you are not crazy : ) I bought some girl bedding at a model home sale for $30 a few years ago. (I got it home and looked it up online where it sold for over $300- good but I think so!) Maybe I will get to use it one day or like you said sell it for more than I bought it for!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

No that isn't crazy. BTW, the birth control folks can't be sued. Haha. I know too well. (c: Ha! Good finds!

Summer said...

What great finds girly! Love that dress and Gymbo outfit! Super cute....I heart that Pottery Barn nursery set....that's not crazy girl that is thinking ahead....

I sooo agree with you on the Bach recap....

Summer :0)

Rachel and Hans said...

Wow! Those are some great finds! I would have bought the bedding, too!

Courtney said...

Love the cute stuff you got for Lauren and I would have gotten the bedding too.

Lesli said...

Wow you got some really great deals!! I am all about getting a good deal, I would love to go to a sale like that! Love the PB set, that really is an awesome find. I totally would have done the same thing!!

Anonymous said...

What a bargain on that Pottery Barn bedding! I am glad Paul doesn't read blogs b/c I would never be able to justify the amount I just spent on John's bedding :). Also I have seen all those Gymboree lines before, I have been in the business for a while! LOL, The horse dress is really cute, I think I might have a couple of pieces from that line still hanging around. The watermelon set was actually a pretty good bargain when I bought it new, but I still love it and both of my girls had that outfit. I think I *may* have paid 10.00 for the watermelon outfit new, BUT that one looks like it was never worn and I got mine on sale! I love a good bargain!

Elisabeth said...

Awesome deals! We're doing airplanes as when we have another boy (we were due with a baby boy next month but sadly heaven and Jesus wanted him more) Ours is by baby martex and the planes look similar but the colors aren't as pretty as yours. It's called in flight if you want to look it up on ebay.

Beautiful set love it!