It's Show us your life Friday over at Kelly's today. The topic is showing what your typical day is like....I'm jumping in on this one.
I am a big fan of schedules but we are definitely not "sticklers" as things always come up. BUT I do try to stay on a pretty consistent schedule when we are home.
7:30am - Mommy gets up. If Todd is in town, I get to sleep in :)
8:30am - Get Lauren out of bed. Sometimes she wakes up earlier but on average, this is when she wakes up
8:45am - Lauren drinks 7 ounces of whole milk. Play until breakfast and watch the end of Jack's big music show
9:30am - We attempt to get Lauren to get breakfast. Grits have been a big hit lately
11:00am - Nap for 3 hours if we're home. Drink more milk before nap time.
2:00pm - Up and ready to play
2:15pm - late lunch because of going to sleep a little early
2:45 - 5:30pm - play play play
5:45pm - dinner for Lauren. We try and eat as a family. If Todd is not home, I always make sure I eat with her at the table. I don't think I've ever not done that. It's our special meal time
6:30pm - bath, books, play in her room
7:00 - 7:15pm - night night
I am very strict on her bedtime if we're home. I really think that's one of the reasons she sleeps so well is because she goes to bed early. She's never overtired unless we've had a busy day out. If we run errands, who knows what her day will be like :)
Our weekly activities are on Thursdays & Fridays. On Thursday, she goes to school from 9:30 - 2:30 at a church here in town. On Fridays, we go to The Little Gym at from 10:30 - 11:15am. We sometimes will venture out on other days too for play time with friends. Because we have to drive usually at least 30 minutes to get anywhere, running errands can cause major issues with her schedule. I try to only go to "town" 2-3 times a week to limit her crankiness. Girlfriend likes her schedule!
I think Lauren has watched me one too many times taking my baskets to the grocery store so we can limit our plastic bag intake. I have a couple of these baskets along with cloth bags. She loves to pretend shop!
On a wonderful note, Lauren had a great day at school yesterday. I always worry about her because she screams when I drop her off now and she NEVER eats lunch. They are also lucky if they can get her to sleep....ahhh is sounds like I have the problem child :) She ate yogurt yesterday at school and took a 2 hour nap!!!! Way to Go Lauren.
Also, we start therapy on Monday!! I can not wait because today she has only had milk, 3 bites of pureed fruit, and 1 bite of a french toast stick. That's it and it's 1:30pm!
4 comments:
Lauren is such a cutie patootie! Love that she is carrying your basket around....you are teaching her to go green LOL....My mom bought me this It's Not a Plastic Bag Tote and I take it to the grocery store and Kelcee carries it around the house LOL....
Way to go Lauren for taking a nap and eating at school whoooo hoooo.....
You sound like me girly, I have always been big on a schedule too unless we are running errands, I too like to limit to a couple times a week because Kelcee likes her schedule....
Your such a great mommy! Good Luck with therapy on Monday!
xoxo
Summer :0)
I loved reading about your day! Lauren seems like a busy little girl, just like Mollie. I am doing a giveaway on my blog and wanted to let you know!
We have pretty similar schedules! Is Lauren on a bottle or cup? I'm having a horrible time getting B to take a cup...
Yes, I also think it is important to stick to a schedule, I have always been pretty strict about this a well. I think it makes for a much happier baby! I hope therapy help Lauren, I will keep her in my prayers! Have a great week!
Post a Comment