We do love to bake at our house, maybe a little too much!! Todd always gets stuck eating tons of baked goods. I am totally one of those that will bake but I only want like 1 piece so the rest is up to him to eat.
One of my favorite recipes is for Neiman Marcus cookies...Yum Yum and Yum. The easiest thing to do is post a link to their website for the recipe so you can always find it. (I've typed it all out below too)
You can find it HERE
Go visit Kelly's Blog for more fabulous baking ideas!
When I was working as a Pharmaceutical Rep, we had a little cookie party at our office, back in 2006. One of the girls in the marketing department made these cookies. They reminded me of home because my mom and sister have been known to make them as well.
Ingredients:
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons instant expresso coffee powder
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat over to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy
Beat in the egg & vanilla extract for another 30 seconds
In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients & beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the expresso coffee powder and chocolate chips
Using a 1 ounce scoop, drop cookie dough on a greased baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of the spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake longer for a crispier cookies.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
You won't be disappointed. I could eat the entire batch of these cookies and sometimes I just do :)

2 comments:
ok. i'm making these cookies! i'll let you know how they turn out!
Those sound so yum!! I am gonna try them!!
Summer :0)
Post a Comment