Saturday, February 5, 2011

Celebrating Kimberly

My friend from the day I was born, Kimberly, is getting married at the end of the month. Her wedding shower was last weekend and it was spectacular. My mom was one of the hostesses so I went to the shower early with her to help set up. The ladies did an amazing job and it was one of the best showers I had ever been to.

To back up, my family used to live in Woodstock, GA in the late 1980s. Our neighborhood was amazing. All of the families were friendly and there were tons of kids. We still keep in very close contact with 2 of our old neighbors. Kimberly's parents never did move so it was fun going to see our old neighborhood and where I used to live. The shower was at a neighbor's house so it was fun taking a trip down memory lane. 

Meet Kimberly...
This is Kimberly's mom, Mrs. Diane. She is my second mom. She knows all of my likes and dislikes. For instance, she knows I LOVE her homemade pimento cheese. She even sent some to the hospital when Lauren was born. My mom stopped to see her on the way up to Chattanooga and she stocked my mom up with cute plates, napkins, yummy chewing gum, muffins, crackers, pimento cheese, etc. This visit didn't fail either. She had pimento cheese sandwiches waiting for me in the refrigerator. That's just true love. She knows how to pull at my heart strings with cheese :)
Am I the only one that loves taking pictures of food? Surely not. Kimberly's shower theme was Charleston as in Charleston, SC. Our families have lots of ties to that coastal city.

The cake was beautiful. A neighbor made it. It was divine!
My mom picked up this fruit display from Edible Arrangements on the way to the shower.
Mini blueberry muffins. 
Cheese straws. My personal favorite. I could have eaten the entire platter but I refrained myself.
Sausage balls.
Chicken salad sandwich croissants. I would pay money for that recipe.
I didn't take pictures of: The amazing shrimp and grits spread, the mini ham biscuits, and the to die for mimosas. I cut myself off at 2, thank you.

I was my stalker self as we left the shower. I wanted to see our old house. This is it. This was my parent's "starter house" back in the day. I still love it and wish they lived there.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Courtney said...

What a great shower and walk down memory lane. All that food looks yummy!

Summer said...

What a great fun shower! The food looks amazing! Yummo and that sure is love for her mom to make your fav pimento cheese spread that rocks! I too lived in a small neighborhood with lots of kids and I have been besties with two of them since we were born and we still are besties I think it is so fantastic and I call their mom's aunts so fun....ok so you and your friend are so pretty

LOL about stalking your old neighborhood we do that with the Hubs family home to when we take a long drive LOL.....so fun to take a trip down memory lane

glad you had such a fun day

xoxo
Sums

Anonymous said...

I love friendships like that! How special. It looks like a very nice shower for a beautiful bride to be...Don't worry I take pics. of food all the time. People probably think I'm pretty strange.

I love Georgia and think it's so neat that you grew up there. We would love to be stationed in GA. 6 hours from my family and 8 from Christian's.


The house you grew up in is very cute! I think it is great that your families kept in touch all this time.