Saturday, July 24, 2010

Grammy Comes To Visit

My mom came to visit us recently to see Lauren and so Todd and I could have a date day. Todd and I went to lunch, bowling, and the movies. It was glorious! When Todd was away at work, my mom and I took Lauren to the aquarium. It's the best and I love it just as much as Lauren, if not more. I always joke that I bought the membership for myself. I just like the fishies :)


(Lauren was anti-stroller so Grammy got to keep tabs on the little one. She's fast and will run off in .2 seconds).


(The divers were cleaning the tanks when we were there. Wouldn't you know that my little one freaked out and got scared. Of course she did. She's the one that thinks the sharks are going to come out and get her, so funny. She liked looking from a distance).


(This is why we don't take a stroller anymore. She would much rather run and be free).


(Random but a picture of the twins, the 2 Laurens at Jill's house. This is from Jill's iphone. I had to go over there one day to get something and those 2 just play so well together. We caught them chatting on the stairs about life).

UPDATE: Go visit www.apieceofpope.com for a fabulous giveaway. She makes beautiful cards. If you don't win, still order. You won't regret it :)


Photobucket

10 comments:

Summer said...

So cute....LOve the fishies too prob more than Kelcee....hahaha

That is funny ya'll have date day's too....The hubs and I have those sometimes a movie and Walmart....:0)

That is so sweet of your mom....Lauren is just presh as always....

The two Laurens are really cute they look alot alike is that your friends kiddo?

Ooooh thanks for reminding me Shark Week is coming on soon....The hubs watches it every year and now I won't put my big toe in the ocean hahahahah
xoxo
Summer

Courtney said...

The aquarium is so much fun. I wish we lived closer to one because we would take Logan a lot.

Mrs. Southern said...

We love the Aquarium! Have you guys done the Creative Discovery Museum? What about the splash pad at the zoo? I wish Parker was a little older but I know next summer he'll be into it all!

Emily said...

SOunds like so much fun! We went to the aquarium in Gatlinburg in April and Lincoln didn't care much for it..... oh well, maybe he will soon.

Its always nice top have a date... glad you were able to spend some alone time with your husband!

Lana said...

Visiting from Jenna's commenting challenge. Your DD is precious. It is hard to remember my little one was that age- and she is only 5! The time flies by. Enjoy every minute. We have gone bowling a few times, but I have never seen one of those "contraptions" that help the kiddos bowl. I will have to ask about that next time. So nice to meet you. Have a wonderful week!

Love with a Latte said...

I miss the TN Aquarium. My Daddy was an architect on the aquarium so it holds a special spot in my heart. I remember going with my Daddy before it ever opened and being one of the first people to tour it. Thanks for the pictures- they helped bring back tons of great memories!

Anita Pope said...

Congrats Courtney!!! You won the Christmas in July Giveaway!! :-)

Kristen and Andy said...

What a fun date with hubby! That aquarium looks neat....so funny about Lauren running in .2 seconds - I totally understand that - starting to worry when my little one starts running b/c I'll probably have Brooklynn running one way and Cannon running the opposite - should be interesting!
Hope you have a great week!
Kristen

JMR said...

That looks like such a fun visit!!! Hope you have a fabulous week!!!

Jenna said...

I didn't know you called your mom Grammy! That's what we call my mom and I hadn't met anyone else who did that! Fun!