Thursday, July 1, 2010

Consignment Sale Goodness

Who doesn't love a good deal? I mean, seriously, don't you LOVE finding items at consignment sales, in new condition, some items with tags even on them?!?!?! If you are anything like me, you love hitting up all the local consignment sales throughout the area. This summer, I've teamed up with Just Between Friends to blog about this amazing sale and all the goodness you can find. Check it out!

If you live in the Chattanooga area, the sales dates are AUGUST 1-7, with the presale for consignors, volunteers, and first time moms on JULY 31. (only 30 days away folks!)

Do you want to consign??? Look HERE  I consigned for my very first time last year and loved getting my $85 check in the mail. Nothing beats cleaning out closets and making some moola at the same time.

Are you a volunteer type of person? Then why not give your time and effort to this awesome event! Volunteers get the perk of shopping first and receive 70% of your consigned items. Click HERE to read all about the volunteer process.

(photo credit: JBF Chattanooga website)
The picture above is only a little snapshot of the amazing items you can find at this sale. I've never ever seen so much greatness in one room! The room itself is huge, beyond huge. It is extremely organized. You can find clothes sorted by size and gender. The tables that hold the toys are labeled so it's easy to find age appropriate toys. Super easy folks. Make sure you attend and post all of your great finds! 

Just from memory, here is a little list of items you can find at the sale. Please note, this is just what I remember. There's so much there but I wanted to at least give you an idea.

  • Strollers, including joggers, umbrella strollers, and travel systems
  • High Chairs
  • Swings
  • Bumbo seats
  • Bedding
  • Shoes - I always rack up in the shoe section. There's nothing like finding some new or barely used Stride Rites for a good price
  • Endless amount of clothes
  • Toys, I've never seen so many toys. 90% of Lauren's toys are from consignment sales
  • Diaper bags
  • Maternity clothes
  • Bikes for kiddos - this is not guaranteed of course but I've seen them in the past
  • Furniture, seriously, how awesome is that?
Have fun shopping!

4 comments:

Anna said...

I'm consigning my leftovers from yard sales! It's my adoption fund-raiser #3! If I get at least a buck for everything I have, I should make quite a bit! :)

Unknown said...

Jealous of your consignment-sale community!!

Kristen and Andy said...

Consignment sales are my new favorite thing! I absolutely love them - I went to my first last fall right after I found out I was having a boy - I completely stocked up for him! Can't wait for the new JBF sale. I missed a lot of the spring ones this year b/c I had just had Cannon...although I did drag myself out to the Spring JBF sale a week after he was born - ha!

Lauren said...

Seriously love your new blog look and header!!!! Fabulous!!! :)