Thursday, August 6, 2009

Show us your life friday!!

It's show us your life Friday!! Jump on over to Kelly's Blog to see everyone's entires. We are still working on weddings but this week, we are showing pictures of our weddings and honeymoons.

Todd & I had a pretty long honeymoon. In total, we were away for about 2 1/2 weeks. We started our journey by flying to Venice, Italy and spent 2 nights there. We then left on an Italian cruise line for a cruise to the Greek Islands for 8 days. We went to places to like Santorini, Greece, the Mykonos Islands, and some other cities. We ended our vacation in Rome for a few days.
Venice where we enjoyed a romantic gondola ride
My favorite place I've ever been. Santorini, Greece. We even rode the donkeys to the top, CRAZY.
Just for a funny story, Todd got donkey poop ALL over the bottom of his jeans on the ride up so we had to find laundry detergent at one of the stores on the island. We totally did our laundry in our bathroom on the ship. What's up with MSC cruise lines not having a laundry mat on the ship?Our reception was at Carl House. I took these 2 pictures from their website because my pictures are uploading small AGAIN. I didn't mean to "steal" but hey, I'm just showing ya where our reception was :)
Carl House from the outside. It's a beautiful old plantation home that you can rent for events.

One of the few pictures that is uploading correctly. We left in a small limo after the reception to stay at Chateau Elan Winery.
The groom's cake, typical for a pilot.

Our reception was very fun. We had the typical "party" reception with an open bar, full dinner, chocolate fountain, dessert, and lots of dancing. Our guests chose either chicken, pork, or salmon as their entree, enjoyed yummy passed appetizers, wine and beer (of course there was tea, coffee, water, etc), an awesome chocolate fountain with things like pound cake, brownies, marsh mellows, and strawberries.

I wish I had more pictures. There are a TON on facebook but they are uploading small on here. Todd actually deleted our pictures from our honeymoon. I'm serious - I'm secretly hoping that one day they will magically appear. I still have the memory card. If any of you are smart techies, share the love, and teach me how to get my pictures back.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to say you can get computer software that recovers 'deleted' photos off of memory cards etc. Try this link
http://www.lc-tech.com/home.html, its actually called photorecovery. It came free with a Corel package that i have got, not tried it yet but definitely worth a try. Good luck! Ruth x

Unknown said...

Oh I am dying to go to Greece! That looks stunning!

Courtney said...

That would be AMAZING to go to Italy for a honeymoon! Beautiful pictures~!

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Oh wow! I've always wanted to go to Venice! How amazing!!!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

Courtney said...

Wow, what an incredible honeymoon. The plantation was a beautiful place for the reception. I love the grooms cake!