We had a very interesting Sunday night. Lauren started to get sick while we were at Brandi and Parker's wedding. She had a fever that was over 101 which is rare for her and has never happened before. We drove back to Atlanta Sunday afternoon. We then decided to make the drive home to Chattanooga that evening. Our doctor's office was closed so we went to the hospital where they have an office that is not like the emergency room. It's literally an after hours peds office with your regular co pay. They are open every night 6-12. So off we went.....5 hours later, we got to come home.
This is hour 3 where we found out we were going to have to have tests run on Lauren
Hour 4, trying to sleep and take breaks between being poked
Hour 5, waiting for results
Going home at 2am, naked, wrapped in a blanket
Lauren is A-ok. Not to go into too many details but she was sick, with a fever, and has an abnormal growth in a private area. We go back to the doctor Thursday to talk about the possibility of a certain type of disease that is totally fine. She will be fine. I'm going to pick up an anti biotic and we're on our way to a great recovery!
4 comments:
Hope your sweet girl is feeling better soon! Sorry to hear she was so sick.
Glad to hear everything's going to be ok. Love the hour by hour pics. Also love the cake in the last post. How fun!
I came by to say.. GIRL we have WAY TOO much in common! I hope our paths cross one day!
BUT OMG poor Lauren!! I'm so glad she's ok. I'll be saying a prayer for her.
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that precious girl is on the way to recovery! What a long night for all of you. Hope you are all getting some much needed rest now. Love you guys!!
Post a Comment