Friday, August 14, 2009

Show us your life Friday, vacations

Show us Your Life Friday! Jump on over to Kelly's Blog to see hundreds of fabulous vacation spots.

This week, I am featuring my favorite places to vacation in the United States. I have traveled quit a bit but I have to say that the US has some fabulous cities!

First stop: Fabulous NYC.
I do love New York City. We've been quite a few times as a family and the city never ceases to amaze me. I love it. I love the hustle and bustle (probably why I lived on Peachtree St in Atlanta), I love the fast pace, I love the accents, I love the food, the shopping, and everything else!
Dad at Dylan's candy car. He could soooo care less!
New favorite restaurant in the city. Go next time you're there. We've been 2-3 times now. YUMO! They have the best salmon dish.


Me, Mom, and sister in front of Serendipity. Did you know that they shut down for a while because of bugs?!?!?! EWWWW but they are now clean and open.
Stop Numero Dos: San Francisco, CA
I joined Team and Traning and ran, I mean walked/ran, the Nike Women's Half Marathon in Oct. of 2007. Let's get one thing straight, I DON'T RUN. I TRY to run but there's no way in the entire world I could run 13.2 miles. I highly recommend this "race." It was very easy to me because of how beautiful San Fran truly is.


Ahhh beautiful California After the race, we toured Alcatraz. Not sure how I even walked after 13.2 miles but I had so much energy


Another reason to run or walk this race....you get beautiful Tiffany necklaces given to you by men in tuxedos at the finish line

Stop Numero 3: ALASKA CRUISE on Princess Cruise Lines
I would take this cruise 500 times. I highly recommend Princess. After going on multiple cruises, on different ships, Princess tops them all. We toured Juneau, Ketchikan, a glacier, Skagway, Victoria, BC and Seattle. This was in September 2007.

Ghost tour in Victoria...LAME :) Not scary but fun

Yummy. This fish house is beautiful and sits right on the water

After a hike in Skagway, we rode a boat down a river. It was gorgeous!

Hiking in Skagway


Us in front of the Golden Princess

We rode 10 miles in Juneau

At the museum of flight in Seattle, trying to learn to fly Riding bikes in the rain in Juneau



























3 comments:

Kelly’s Korner said...

Scott has always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise. I imagine we'll do that one of these days!! You are lucky to get to travel a lot!

Bridgette said...

I have thought about an Alaskan cruise. I think you talked me into it. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

i still love that you ran the nike women's marathon. i still really want to do that. i wish you and i could train together! i'm a walk/runner too!