My sweet friend, Kimberly, got married this weekend in Norcross, Georgia. So let's back up....back in the day, I lived in Woodstock, Ga, 1980s to be exact. I posted a picture of our old house HERE and did a little recap of Kimberly's wedding shower. Our families have always been super duper close. My mom was at the hospital when Kimberly was born and we've never lost contact. The Beards/Rogers union is one that'll last until we're super old and gray.
At the wedding: Marsha, me, and my sister, Lindsay. The Babcocks were also our neighbors back then. All 3 families have remained super super close.
Sister and I with Kimberly.
As a heads up, we love to dance. Thankfully I come from a fun family and Todd joined right in when we met 6.5 years ago. We can tear it up at a reception and we don't leave until we're kicked out of the place :)
Mom and Dad even get down!
Closing out the night, more dancing. It was a fun time.
Mommy with her girls.
We had so much fun at Kimberly and Chip's wedding. It reminded us so much of our own. They rented a beautiful southern antebellum home for the wedding and reception. Todd and I got married in a church but our reception was also held in a beautiful southern home. It was so nice to be able to enjoy the night. I don't remember a ton from our wedding so I just watch the video.
Sunday afternoon, the Beards hosted a luau to send the newlyweds off to Hawaii. They are such great entertainers. I still can not believe they hosted a big party at their house AFTER a late night wedding the night before. We loved getting to see Kim and Chip before they left for their honeymoon.
Lauren enjoyed playing games in the basement.
So, ya want to see our fun table at the reception dancing? I'll only show you a short 4 second clip. I have way more video but don't care to reveal our sillyness :)
I will, however, show you the hilarious groom, Chip, going after Kimberly's garter. It was hilarious.

No comments:
Post a Comment