Before I get to our visit with my sister and Jim from Dallas, I had to share what Lauren has discovered. My little girl has found joy in Nutella! Ive always heard that it's super yummy so I decided to buy it the other day. Holy cannoli that stuff is amazing. I love it. So does Lauren.
She was telling me how much she likes it. She was saying "Thank you mommy" like she's never eaten in her entire life.
Throw your hands in the hair if you like Nutella on biscuits!! She calls it "Tella" asks for it now.
On to a very special visit. My sissy and her boyfriend, Jim, came to visit us last Monday and Tuesday. They flew in from Dallas and we were sooooo excited. It was our first time meeting Jim and we couldn't love him more. He's fabulous and we really enjoyed our visit. Lauren was, of course, very excited to see her Auntie. She loves her Auntie and now Jim, too.
We enjoyed our day on Monday by eating dinner our our deck and just playing with Lauren. On Tuesday, we all took Lauren to her church preschool from 9:30-2. After dropping little L off, we went to Aretha Frankensteins for brunch. Todd and I really like going to Aretha's. It's basically a hole in the wall restaurant that is in a little house. There are only 4 tables, a bar to eat at, and some outdoor seating. It's so tiny. However, it's very popular here because Rachel Ray ate there on $40 a day, her show that she had a long time ago. You usually have to wait forever but we got lucky and only waited about 20 minutes.
After eating, we headed over to the mall to get Lauren some new shoes for the Spring at Stride Rite. I usually take Lauren with me but I already knew her size. We stocked her up and then went to pick up my girl from "school." They were playing in the gym when we picked her up and she bee lined it to Auntie Lindsay when she spotted us. Forget me, Todd or Jim. She only wanted Auntie.
I had scheduled Lauren to have Easter pictures made with live Easter bunnies at 3pm that day. We had an hour of time to kill so we headed over to a local yogurt place. Lauren and the rest of us got our fix of yummy yogurt and then went to have pictures made.
We had such a busy day that Lauren fell asleep on the way home from pictures. Jim scooped her up out of her car seat and she slept on him for quite a while after we got home.
That evening, Todd and I went out to eat for our anniversary. There is a new burger place in town, Urban Stack, that Lauren's Pediatrician told us about. Oh my word, best place ever. I seriously can't wait until we go back. Think upscale burgers that are amazing. I don't think I've ever had such a good burger before. The appetizers are amazing too. We got the pimento cheese with their homemade chips. I was envisioning cold pimento cheese but oh no, it was hot and bubbly. I could have eaten the entire thing alone. Sooo good!
We stopped by Publix to get an Anniversary cake. My sweet friend, Becky, that makes our cakes was out of town so off to Publix we went. I think Lauren was in cake/ice cream heaven. Lucky lady got yogurt and cake in one day.
Jim totally won Lauren over by pushing her all throughout the house.
See....she didn't want him to leave.
Please come back soon!!!! Better yet, someone buy our house and we'll come to you!
2 comments:
Happy Belated Anniversary! Great pictures. My best friend just told me about the goodness of Nutella the other day. She recommended it on strawberries. I guess I am going to have to pick up some on my next grocery trip.
Happy anniversary (a little late)! So glad you guys got to meet Jim! Looks like he passed the Lauren test! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment