Sheesh, crazy loon is hopefully gone for good. I think I got the whole going private thing down pat. Can ya'll do me a favor? Leave me a comment saying you can read this post. I sent out around 70 invites to read this blog so hopefully it all worked. For those wondering, there has been a crazy person that reads my blog and she took it a little too far. My goal has NEVER been to have a "big blog" and have a ton of followers. I blog for my family who don't live here. They rarely get to see Lauren so it's a fun way to keep them in the loop. It's also been a great outlet to meet other moms/friends in the same boat as me. Thankfully, I think most sent me an email to stay in touch.
Todd recently bought me a fancy smancy camera, a NikonD80. These were the first pictures that I took on it and I'm in love. The camera takes pictures super duper fast and they aren't grainy. Im loving it.
Little L and I loaded up the car and headed to Charleston, SC for a little family visit. My grandparents live there. They are getting on up there in age so it's too far for them to drive to Chattanooga. I try to take Lauren as often as I can. It's nice they live in such a nice city. You don't have to twist my arm to visit Charly Town!
Todd flew to Atlanta to see us before we left for SC. I usually stop in Atlanta before going to Charleston. It makes the drive so much easier. My grandparents live 5.5 hours from my parent's house so it's not near as bad as the 8 hour drive from here. Lauren was so happy to see her daddy. She even fell fast asleep on his shoulder. Sweet baby girl! Yes, I still call her a baby and she's almost 2.5 :)
My mom watched Lauren one night so we could go out to dinner. We went to Dominicks and my goodness, that's some good food.
After I got the car loaded, I told Lauren to smile at the camera because we were going to one of the prettiest cities in the south, Charleston! She was excited.
Papa love. Lauren is smitten with her Papa (and Mema too).
Does she look tired or what? This was Lauren talking to her daddy on the phone one night. She loves talking to Todd on speaker phone.
The ladies making the baskets in downtown Charleston amaze me. They sit there and make those baskets all day long. Talk about talent. The baskets are beautiful!
Mema and Lauren liked to watch the horses downtown. Lauren loved them so much that I bought her a Christmas ornament with a horse on it. That's my little tradition with her, I buy an ornament everywhere we go together. When she gets married, Im going to give her all of her ornaments that we've collected over the years.
There is a beautiful new park area below the gorgeous bridge in Charleston. It opened a couple of years ago. I think it's called Waterfront Park but NOT the waterfront park area where the pineapple is. This is below the new bridge. It's gorgeous because it sits right on the water. I could have stayed there all day long. My serious little swinger loved it too.
Lauren cracks me up looking at Mema swinging. She looks at her like "ummm hello, what are you doing swinging on MY swings?" By the way, how is it that my 2 year old can swing on big kid swings now? She's growing up.
We hit up another park the next day. It sure is nice that my grandparents are so active. My grandpa is 80. You'd never know.
Lauren grabbed both of their hands as we were walking. She's my sweet little girl.
Dont forget to leave a comment telling me if you could read this.
18 comments:
I can read! :)
Love the new background too.
Sounds like you guys had an awesome trip! We love SC too! Lauren is such a cute little girl!
Sounds like you guys had an awesome trip! We love SC too! Lauren is such a cute little girl!
I didn't have any problems with the invite to read your blog.
I can read. Thank you so much! Hope all is better now.
I was able to read it. Thanks for adding me. That looks like a wonderful trip. I'm going to look up the camera you are talking about. My daughter is 23 months and I can't catch her in pictures most times because my camera isn't fast enough.
Hey Courtney!! I'm so excited that I get to keep up with your family. Thank you for adding me! LIOB ;)
I've never been to Charleston, but cannot wait to go one day :)
I'm here! Thanks for the invite! I am so glad to get to keep up with you!
Thank you for sharing. Love Lauren's smile in that first photo.
I can read your blog no problem :)
Sounds like a wonderful trip - I have always wanted to go to Charleston....looks so beautiful and peaceful there - hopefully one day! :)
I can read your blog and am so happy to keep up with you and your precious family.
I can read it!
You are so lucky Lauren will travel with you. I want to go see me family so badly but Grace just won't cooperate. Maybe when she gets older!
I'll have to check out Dominicks....their menu looks gooood! Sounds like yall had a blast in Charleston!
What a wonderful trip! You weren't too far from me either! I love the picture of Todd and you. I hope that lady will not bother you anymore. It is sad how crazy some people are!
I love Charleston! We are flying in there when we go to Hilton Head this summer because we found some good tickets. Wish we had time to extend our vacation and stay a few days there, too!
Those photos of Lauren and your grandparents are so sweet. How special that she can spend time with them.
I am terrible at remembering to read private blogs, so just now posting! I want to go to Charleston someday & now I know who to call for an itinerary!
Oh, and I love the pics. Great job!
Post a Comment