We decided to use some tax refund money to buy Lauren a little swing set. The rest went to savings but of course little L got a fun present out of it! She always gets the better end of the deal.
Little Tikes makes cute swing sets so we decided to get one of those. We don't want to invest yet in a big wooden swing set because we don't know when or if we'll ever get moved to Texas. When we move, we would like to put one in the backyard but if our house doesn't sell and we end up staying, Lauren at least has something to play with that fits in our backyard. I always get nervous putting something too big out there because of the bluff.
Look at the big helper. She loved helping her daddy put together her new toy.
After she got tired of that activity, she strolled the yard in her cool sunglasses.
Then she gave her daddy some big hugs to thank him for her new swing set. She's a sweet one.
A different day, swinging as the sun goes down. She has had so much fun every single day since Todd has put this together. It has rained the past couple of days but she loves it.
My sweet girl smiling as she swings. I debated on getting the "baby" swings but she really likes the big girl ones. I can't believe she's so big.
Checking out her new slide.
Swinging again. She goes back and forth between the slide and swings. She likes them both so much.
On another note, here is a recipe for yummy crock pot potato soup, or non-crock pot potato soup. You don't have to put it in the crock pot. I just do because it's so easy.
1 30 oz. bag of frozen hash browns
3 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 of an onion, chopped
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 pkg cream cheese, don't buy low fat or fat free or it won't melt
Combine everything in a crock pot EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook 6-8 hours on low or 2-4 hours on high heat. About an hour before serving, add the cream cheese and mix well. Let the cream cheese get fully melted before you serve. Serve with shredded cheese, bacon bits, green onions, or whatever else you'd like on top.
I also serve with a fresh baguette for dipping. I cut my baguette in slices, drizzle with olive oil, add parsley on top, and toast.
This is so so good. We love it.
4 comments:
WOW! What an amazing view you have! Little L looks adorable in her sunglasses. I'm sure she get lots of use out of her new swing set.
What a great swing set, I am sure she will get your money's worth out of it. What an awesome view!
I love that swing set! We need something like that since mom and dad have the super deluxe at their house!
That swing set is perfect for you guys right now! She will LOVE playing on that. Our kids get bored inside with toys, but LOVE being outside and spend tons of time on the swing set.
That soup sounds delish!
Post a Comment