My little 2 year old got her very first haircut on Saturday February 26. We were in Atlanta for Kimberly's wedding and we decided on a whim to take her to a cute little shop near my parent's house. I don't ever want to cut Lauren's super short but her hair was pretty uneven. We just evened it up and off we went.
BEFORE
AFTER: You can tell it's a lot more even. I forgot to take the after picture at the salon.
The place we found was very kid friendly. They had a playroom with movies and toys to get the kids comfortable in the new atmosphere. Lauren ran right over to the train table to play with her daddy.
She picked the red car to sit in. I was so surprised that she didn't cry at all. She was very serious and had no clue what the sweet lady was doing to her. We cheered for her and really distracted her with anything we could get our hands on. Luckily it didn't take long at all for her to feel comfortable.
Lauren thought this was so funny. The sweet lady cutting her hair played peek a boo with her bangs!
Her very first blow dry. I couldn't believe that she didn't scream during this part. She runs away from me when Im blow drying my own hair so this was a shock.
My sweet girl all finished, looking so very serious.
As a treat for being a good girl, we took her to a bakery at the mall. She picked an Elmo jumbo cookie, surprise surprise.
She doesn't really eat the cookie though. She only licks part of the icing off and says "All done." Lauren would rather eat celery over a full cookie any day. She is just like her daddy though when it comes to only eating the icing. She's a funny one.


8 comments:
So cute. Madison got her second trim last weekend to help even out her hair. My aunt always does the kids hair(she's a beautician) so the kids love it.
HOw cute! I definetly think the first haircut is harder on us then them LOL..I cried when Kelcee had her first hairtrim and it was when she was 2 1/2 yup I waited a loooong time LOL...she has had one trim since then and I still get teary eyed...lucky I have a bestie who is a beautician who cuts her hair and since Kelcee knows her she feels so comfortable so thats a win win,
I wish we had those super cute cars for them to sit in....she looks so precious and um her and Kelcee would get along well for sure Kelcee does the same thing she usually pics elmo or cookie monster and eats all the icing and sometimes the cookie but most times just the icing LOL
xoxo
Sums
PRESH! Is that Miss Trudy by chance??? She's the very very best thing in all the world!
She looks so cute!! I still haven't taken Brooklynn to get her hair cut yet - and she is almost 3.5 years old! Cannon needs to go desperately but I just can't bring myself to cut his curls off....love them! Glad that she did so well :)
What a good girl! She looks so sweet.
Little L is a doll! I can't wait to meet her and you! Hurry up and sell your house :)
My kids BOTH lick the icing off donuts and cookies and don't eat the cookie or donut. So silly ;)
Her hair looks so cute! And that cookie looks delicious!!
Her and Lilly always sound alike to me. Lilly hasn't ever had a hair cut. That place looks fun! Lilly likes double doozies (and Elmo) and eats the icing and not the cookie! Love her new hair cut!
Post a Comment