Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Child Is BUSY

Lauren has been keeping me on my toes lately but then again she is 17 months. She has fits about 5 times every hour. I'm not kidding....I've counted. When Todd is away (has been for almost 6 days), I think I might pull my hair out but goodness she's so cute. What is it about this age???? I have a love hate relationship with it. She is so fun and so sweet and cute but 2 seconds later, she will lay on the floor, kick her legs, and cry. I don't get it....
She is really loving the refrigerator and has been for a long time now. She used to want to check out the "Ba Bas" aka Babies on the Yobaby yogurt containers but now she's all about Dora. Dora is on her yogurt containers now (thanks mom for the new yogurt idea) and she LOVES it. She wants to check out Dora all the time!
This was after she threw her 100th tantrum of the day. I guess she got tired and wanted to sleep on the kitchen floor.
I decided to be adventurous and go downtown to the park with her, alone today. Normally this would be fine but she really doesn't like to ride in her stroller anymore. She yells "down down down" over and over, starts to cry, and gets so angry. Letting her roam the huge park is normally totally fine but she won't listen when I ask her to wait for me or to come back to me....we're working on it, ha!  I thought I was going to lose my mind so we ventured over to the carousel for a little break. She is so funny there. She just stares and says "Mama Mama Mama" over and over until I hold her. :)
She did 500 times better just sitting in the little seat instead of riding on one of the animals. I think she liked it better :)

On another note, she is about to take her first flight in a week or so. If you've flown with a toddler, PLEASE leave me advice on everything from toys to bring, stroller issues, car seats, etc. The scoop is that we're going to Dallas to find our new house again and we have to take her this time. I'm a nervous wreck just knowing that my child will be the one wanting to roam the aisle.....kinda makes me afraid that she'll go nutso on the plane :)

4 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

Good luck with the flight! I'm taking Kaia solo to Boston in May...I'm so nervous for that!

Anonymous said...

I have flown with both my kids and I flew alone with Emma all the way to Las Vegas. This is what makes it work in my opinion. You must bring there car seat and keep them strapped in the entire time. They don't get out in the car so why should they expect to get out on the plane. Second must have a portable DVD player. Pick some of her favorite movies and maybe throw in a few new ones to spark attention. Third, SNACKS! I know that girlfriend is not a big fan of eating but maybe try finding something new and exciting. A big treat for my girls are those Annie's Organic Gummy Bunnies. Usually take off and landing are fairly exciting and then once you are up you can turn the DVD on! Good luck!

Dawn said...

I agree with Diana...something new would probably be good. Anything that she loves and she can play with in the seat. Tell her she gets a special treat, but she only gets it when she's on the plane and in her seat. Best of luck!!!

Diana said...

I just got back from traveling alone to Alaska from Colorado with my 3 year old and 17 month old and small dog in the cabin with me. Yes, I am INSANE. It really wasn't that bad. Because I was traveling alone with the two girls there was no way I could bring the carseats on the plane with me. Actually, I felt that it was much better. My 17 month old did great on almost 8 hours of flying. The DVD player helped a lot and so did snacks. When it was safe, I would let her get off of my lap and walk around the aisle in front of me and my three year old. It helped her get the wiggles out. You aren't going that far, so it shouldn't be to bad. Have fun!