Sunday, April 11, 2010

Giada or GA-DA!

So I was MIA for a few days because Todd and I flew to Dallas for yet another house hunting trip. It was a very quick 2 day trip but goodness we packed a lot in. We left on a Wednesday morning, at like 4am....lovely I know. We spent the ENTIRE day driving around different suburbs to get a "feel" of the city. We met my sister that evening for dinner and the best part....meeting Giada from Food Network. Or as my dad says "Ga-Da" (pronounced Ja da).
Thanks to my sister who got in line at Williams Sonoma super duper early, we only had to wait 30 minutes to meet Giada. So I have to admit, I was never a Giada fan until I watched her on Chefography. You know, the Food Network special where they featured a chef each day and "showed" their story, etc. She just seemed so nice and real and I loved that she never wanted to be on TV because she comes from a family of actors.
Signing books with her eyes closed....talent I tell ya. Kidding.
So back to why I like her.....She is so nice and so real.....so normal if you know what I mean. Another fun fact is that her family vacays in Santorini, Greece and Todd and I went there on our honeymoon. I stole that idea from Giada. I sound like a stalker, scary. I'm not, just to clear things up :)
In love....new construction....LOVE IT! Not sure what we're doing but I'm liking this.

5 comments:

Anna said...

FUN FUN!! I like Giada too. That house is gorgeous!!!

Kenna said...

That's so cool that you got to meet Giada! I love her too!
Also you know I love new construction too. So many pluses I could go on and on. Let me know if you have any questions about that. I'd be happy to help!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love that you and your sister are close because I am very close with my sister. The house is beautiful! Love it! I hope whatever is best for your family works out as far as the house and details of moving and such. We will be moving again this summer, so I know all about that! lol Hugs

Heather said...

I love Giada!!! I would have loved to have met her!! Good for you!!

Rachel and Hans said...

What a beautiful house! Fun to been exploring a new city, too!