Monday, November 16, 2009

Blog Award


Thanks to the sweet Neff Family for a fun blog award!! I LOVE reading Ginger's blog. It's kind of "weird" because I feel like I know her and I would totally recognize her on the street, ha! Her husband is in the military and it's so fun to read her stories about his life at home from deployment. They have a little girl, Lillian, and a boy on the way, Thomas, and stays at home like I do.

Rules are to post ten interesting facts about yourself and then tag seven blogging friends!

My Ten Interesting Facts:

1. I love to travel. I can easily, PRE LAUREN, drop everything & fly somewhere the next day. My sister & I went to Paris, France for a whopping 2 days but I just wanted to see the Eiffel Tower

2. Contrary to my love for travel, Lauren has not been on a plane. Go figure, right? Pilot for a dad, traveler of a mom, and little squirt has only been on car trips. I'm definitely not afraid of flying BUT the thought of packing all of that stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

3. Todd and I are looking forward to moving one day. It seems like such a long process. There are so many cities we could live in so we are starting our visits to all of our top picks hopefully next weekend. Our pick of cities include: Holland, MI, Madison, WI, Chicago Suburbs, & Dallas, TX.

4. I worked in Pharmaceutical Sales before I had Lauren. I loved my job but a boss will ruin a job really quick. I'm a firm believer in treating employees the way you would want to be treated. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Lauren's Pediatrician is a doctor I called on. I was very fortunate to have fantastic offices so I met great people.

5. I love working for Mary Kay. It's the perfect fit for me. Meet great friends, sell a great product that is not that expensive, work for a God first company, get a 50% discount, delegate my own hours, make enough money to help my family = fabulous.

6. I love my new friends in Chattanooga. I prayed for a LONG LONG time that I would meet good friends. It's hard going from a sales job to being at home. It's not like I'm going to call doctors & ask to hang out, HA! So I'm very happy and love my new friends dearly.

7. I like to scrapbook. Lauren's first year scrapbook is almost complete. I plan on scrapbooking major events that take place in her life like family trips, etc.

8. We would like for Lauren to have a sibling but not anytime soon. Don't hold your breath :) We are thinking when she's 4 or so.

9. My family is very scattered in where they live. I would pay money for everyone to live in the same town! Cousins/Aunt/Uncle in Charlotte, NC, Mom in Atlanta, Dad in Nebraska (They're married, dad just working there), sister in Dallas, TX, Grandparents in Anderson, SC, Six Mile, SC, Charleston, SC and cousins all throughout South Carolina.

10. Todd and I met on a plane on September 24, 2004. What a great day...

I tag:

1. Kenna - my fabulous cousin with 2 insanely cute kids!!!

2. Amanda - new friend in Chattanooga. So incredibly sweet & sells Lia Sophia jewelry

3. Anna - another new friend in Chattanooga. Another Lia Sophia jewelry seller

4. Karen - Sweet friend that moved from San Antonio so her hubby could work for VW here. Our kiddos are in the same Little Gym class

5. Diana - so similar to me! Our little ones are in the same class at the Little Gym too

6. Angela - We haven't met in real life BUT she lives here too. She is super close friends with Diana

7. April - friend from Charleston. I've known her for a super duper long time and she has a little boy, Mason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is so cool that Todd is a pilot. That must make you feel so safe and proud when you travel! I agree I love traveling!! I am so excited about our move too, so I know what you mean about change and a move. Some of your family lives close to us in (NC). How cool! I grew up in Concord, NC. which is just outside of Charlotte. A lot of my family still lives there. What a small world. Thanks for your kind words about me and my family! You are one of my favorite bloggers...Hugs, Ginger

Unknown said...

Oh you should so do Austin instead of Dallas... ;) Jason's aunt, uncle, and cousins live in Anderson, SC. Yet another common thread!!!

LOVE THIS PHOTO OF LAUREN!!