Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lauren's Birthday Recap

I am going to break Lauren's birthday posts in a couple of different ones. Her birthday was by far the best vacation I've been on. Yes, we have traveled to many places BUT my little girl's birthday was so significant and because of that, Hilton Head and Charleston was the best and most fun vacation we have been on. I still can't believe my baby is 1.

Her birthday trip started off on Hilton Head Island, SC. We stayed for 4 nights at the Hilton Resort & Spa on the Island. A few other family members stayed there as well. My grandparents all drove in for the event from different cities in South Carolina to celebrate Lauren's big day. (Secret: Book on priceline....talk about cheap!)

The Hilton was unbelievable and their service was excellent. I didn't really "plan" her birthday because I didn't know what the set up would be like. The day before her party, I went to the Buoy Bar, the restaurant by the pool, and they were incredible in letting us have a whole section of the place for her party. Todd & I ordered heavy appetizers for everyone & we dined on shrimp cocktail, cheese sticks, nachos & coconut shrimp. It was quite yummy!!
Opening presents. I don't have pictures of all of the presents she got but a huge thank you to everyone for coming and for the sweet and thoughtful gifts you got our baby girl.
Totally liking the cake. I don't think she ever really ate it but she enjoyed playing in it.
My cousin's little girl, Olivia, totally showed her the ropes. She is 2 & so very smart. She showed Lauren how it's done!
My sweet birthday girl with her Little Mermaid cake.
The one thing I did do before hand was order her cake. I knew I wanted something girlie and I thought the Little Mermaid was perfect as were at the ocean. Publix did a fantastic job and it was so yummy.
Publix gives a free smash cake for first birthdays. Talk about good service. They did spell her name right. Looking at these pictures, I'm not so sure her name really looks like Lauren, ha!
Sweet Pea didn't know what to think. She was so incredibly sweet and loved being around all of her family. I don't think I could ask for her to be any sweeter.
Her birthday outfit. My only regret is not getting a picture of her in it where you could tell what she's wearing. She had a light pink onesie that said Happy Birthday on it. You can tell she's wearing her hot pink tutu :) I was going to take her picture again when we got home in it but that shirt is totally ruined. It got crazy looking white spots on it & 2 big holes. Oh well....
Birthday set up. We did have another long section of tables as well. I bought cute happy birthday plates, cups, and Little Mermaid napkins. The other table had a cute table cloth but I only bought one of those because I had no idea what our set up would be like. I also had cute little cookies made for each guest. That's what is on the plates. They were in the shape of a cupcake!

Stay tuned for post 2 - Charleston

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Love the picture of her digging into that cake!

Anonymous said...

I love Hilton Head and Charleston! They are such beautiful places to visit. I am sure this was such a memorable and special trip for her first birthday. That is so special! I love the birthday set up. It looks so beautiful! Have a great weekend.

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

Happy Birthday, Lauren!!!

The Blagg Family said...

I so love the picture of Lauren playing in her cake...it is classic! What great birthday memories.