Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Diaper Shower

I have met some incredibly nice moms that have kids that go to Lauren's preschool. When I first had Lauren, I had zero friends here. I was working in Pharmaceutical Sales and you don't exactly call up office staff to hang out. After I had Lauren, we enrolled her in The Little Gym and that's where I started to meet a ton of friends here. Now that Lauren is old enough to attend "preschool", I've had the chance to really expand our network of friends in town. We drive 35 minutes to Lauren's school each week and we're keeping her there because of the people. The best moms have their kids there and everyone is so nice and friendly.

My friend, Amy, has a little boy Jonathan. Lauren and Jonathan attend gymnastics class together and were in the same preschool class together last year. Jonathan moved up to the 3s class and Lauren is in the older 2s class. Amy and I always keep in contact and she's one of those people that goes above and beyond for other people. She asked me a few weeks ago if she could invite some moms from the church school to a diaper shower before this baby comes. I was so excited because we didn't have a shower planned for this baby and I haven't bought any diapers. It was just perfect!

My friend, Becky, and I. Becky is the one that makes all of Lauren's cakes.
 Sweet moms from Lauren's school. Becky, Maria, Joy, Erin (but it's spelled different), Amy, and I. The other Joy had already left.
 Joy and I. Joy just had her 3rd baby, a little girl. She has 2 boys, 1 is in Lauren's class.
 Chit chatting. We met at Starbucks and it couldn't have been more perfect. 


 Amy was so thoughtful and had balloons for the table. We were going to sit in the huge outdoor area where there is a fireplace but the wind was out of control today so we moved inside.
 Amy bought yummy treats for everyone and the beautiful poinsettia for the table. Starbucks was so perfect for a meet up spot. It was easy, perfect, and fun!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! You are such a cute pregnant lady!

Courtney said...

What a sweet get together. Sounds like you are blessed with some wonderful friends.