When planning our Disney trip months ago, I could not decide if I wanted to book a character meal. They can be ridiculously priced but I've heard such good things about them. I didn't know know if Lauren would be scared, excited, or what. She talks about Minnie ALL day long but I didn't know what she would think of her in real life. What do you think???? (Scroll down)
Yes, that's my little girl looking at Minnie with her fingers over her eyes. She only peeked at her. Don't be fooled though. Lauren acted like she was going to faint from being so scared but 2 seconds after Minnie walked away, she calls for her to come back. Silly Lauren.
After I put on Lauren's fancy dress and bow for special breakfast, she must have known she looked extra pretty. She kept checking herself out in the mirror and giving herself kisses.
The breakfast we chose to do was at Disney's Beach Club resort in their Cape May restaurant. My friend, Angela, recommended it from their trip back in January. I'm all for the recommendations! It saved me a ton of time and I just booked it on a whim. I ended up booking the breakfast about 2 months before we went because I heard they booked super early. Surely enough, they do. I got online a week before we left just to see if we would have been able to book late and it was all full. It makes sense to me now that we've been because the meal was at a hotel restaurant. There was a little room off to the side specifically for the character breakfast. It was small and great for the extra character attention....if your child isn't afraid :)
Disney's Beach Club was decorated beautifully. The Christmas trees were gorgeous. They had a carousel made of gingerbread. We couldn't get Lauren to smile for pictures but you get the idea.
It's a good thing little Lauren was free for breakfast (because of being under 3) because she only ate some grits. She was too busy coloring and making pretty pictures.
After some coloring, I gave her a pep talk that the characters were coming. You can see her response below. She truly surprised me with acting all scared but then wanting more of them when they left. Silly girl!
How's this for a response? Goofy was coming to the table. He was so nice and played peek a boo with Lauren to get her to warm up.
Goofy playing with Lauren...
He gave up and just decided to eat with us instead. I believe Lauren told him "No!" about 80 million times. He eventually just walked away. Poor guy :) True to Lauren's fashion, she screamed for him to come back after he left.
All silly smiles after Goofy walked away...
So the breakfast was fantastic. It was a massive buffet that was worth the money I think. It was HUGE. They had everything from omelettes, bacon, sausage, eggs, a fruit bar, oatmeal with all the toppings you could think of, grits, a pastry bar, orange juice, coffee, and my personal favorite: Mickey pancakes
Before we left, we spend some time with Donald Duck. Lauren wasn't as afraid of him as the others. Maybe because he isn't as big as Goofy? I don't know!
She even blew him kisses. Now that was pure sweet! She can turn on the sweet factor, when she wants :)
All in all, I'd say she had a great time. We enjoyed dolling up our little girl in her special Minnie dress for a yummy breakfast. I can't wait until we go back. I'm wondering if this is going to become a yearly trip!




9 comments:
Sooo funny that she was scared! Kids are just like that!
I'm so glad you liked it. It was one of our very favorites, too!
That girl is a mess!! So wish I could have met, Lauren!!!
She looks great in her dress!!! I am so glad you guys had a great time! How was the weather, was it cold or hot?
I love her adorable outfit.
Such cute photos! Love her dress and the food sounded fantastic!
I love her Minnie dress, Court! That looks like so much fun. I'll have to remember that whenever we decide to go to Disney.
The breakfast sounds so fun! I love her dress. How precious!
Looks like you guys had a great time! I LOVE all of her little Disney outfits! Lexi is the same way about the Chick Fil A cow. When it comes up to her she freaks out, but when it walks away she keeps calling for it.
LOVE her Minnie dress!!
Post a Comment