Saturday, December 11, 2010

Magic Kingdom Fun

The Magic Kingdom is probably my favorite park. When I think of Disney, I immediately think of Cinderella's castle. I was really excited for Lauren to see it for the first time, Todd too :)

If you notice that we are dressed for summer in some pictures and then cooler weather in others, it's because the weather was c.r.a.z.y. We had 2-3 days of 80 degree weather, followed by weather in the 60s and 50s at night.
There are always shows being performed on the stage in front of the castle. Both days that we went to the Magic Kingdom, we stopped for Lauren to watch. My girl loves seeing Minnie and dancing to the songs.
Day 2, getting her groove on :)
Watching on her daddy's shoulders...
Lauren's very first ride at the Magic Kingdom was It's A Small World. I think we rode it 3-4 times between the 2 days we were there. I still can't believe there were hardly any lines. We've been talking about going every year during this time. It was perfect!
On the ride, Lauren loved waving to the "kids." She would say "Hi, how you?" (aka how are you). She's a sweet one.
We later made our way over to Mickey and Minnie's house. This was a huge hit with Lauren. She loved it. She made herself at home on the couches and even climbed into the refrigerator. Hey, what's new? She likes to do that at home too! She spotted a picture frame with a picture of Minnie it in and went crazy! She would have taken it home if I let her.
There was a great little play area near Minnie's house for little kids to play in...kind of like an upscale, glorified indoor mall playground. We avoided it big time on day 2 because this little play area was the cause of a major meltdown on day 1. You see, Lauren LOVES slides. She is fearless. She will climb a slide, go down head first, you name it. We had to keep on moving after letting her play for quite a while. She was NOT happy. She kindly let everyone know she has the world's worst parents. Thank goodness we were at Disney. 99% of the people had kids there so they totally got it. Going on no maps, lots of energy, and stimulation can make a cranky girl in 5 seconds. 
Popcorn usually makes my girl happy so she was spoiled and got a box every single day. Im not kidding. Every.single.day. Whatever works. Don't judge :) How can you resist the smile below? She loves her some "corn!"
We enjoyed the afternoon parade and scoped out of a great watching spot. We watched the Country Bear Jamboree show and then found our spot right by the theatre. Just a little known fact...did you know that I'm part of the County Bear Jamboree Show? Really, I am.  My name is Trixie and I'm the 400 pound bear that wears the tutu and sings. Lauren promptly screamed "MOMMYYYY" when Trixie came on stage. Thanks Lauren, thanks.
We also scored great spots for the nighttime parade. I love the Magic Kingdom at night! The castle is breathtaking at night.
Guess who discovered they like hot chocolate like her mommy? She was so cute sitting in her stroller watching the parade and drinking her hot drink.
The fireworks show was spectacular. I wish we could go every single night.

Like every other night we were there, this was Lauren at the end of our Magic Kingdom nights. Can you spot her?







Photobucket

5 comments:

Lauren said...

That girl is just too precious for words!!! LOVE her outfit!!!

Sarah said...

Love the part about trix, really I spit out my drink :)!

Emily said...

Lauren is just the cutest little thing ever! I love her Minnie Dress.

Kenna said...

I'm going to remember that "Trixie". I litterally loled!

Bonnie said...

We don't live far from Disney Land in California. I can't wait to take Jarrett there someday! Although, I'm not sure he'll appreciate Cinderella's castle ;) Looks like so much fun!