Friday, December 3, 2010

Disney Day 5 - Epcot

I'm updating a day late! We got in late last night from Epcot and I had to take a test online for school. I'm going back for a 2nd degree. I might be nuts but it's not too shabby. My test online expired at midnight so I had to hurry back to the hotel, cram, and take it super fast! 

Epcot is actually my 2nd favorite park, behind The Magic Kingdom. The display of countries is truly beautiful and it's fun to learn about the different cultures. Not to mention, the food is delish! 

We started the morning by riding a few rides. Lauren wasn't tall enough to ride anything but there aren't many rides there anyway. We grabbed a Fast Pass for Soarin. That was the only ride with a huge wait. We got a fast pass around noon and we couldn't use it until 6:30pm. It was worth it though! Todd rode the NASA ride 3 times. You want to hear a funny story? I remember riding that ride 4-5 years ago when I came to Disney with my family. I felt super sick and thought I was going to throw up on the ride. This time, I noticed a sign saying you could either do the hard or easy level of the ride. I chose the easy this time of course. Todd waited for Lauren outside and off I went. We boarded our little spaceship and I immediately started banging on the door to try and get out. It is such a small space and I just knew I was going to hyperventilate. Just as an FYI, you can't get out once you're on. Trust me :) I was stuck.
We killed time by putting stickers on our noses. I had the bright idea to go across the street to a CVS to buy Lauren some stickers. They have come in handy many times on this trip.
We posed for pictures while waiting for daddy to ride the horrible NASA ride. 
We enjoyed pastries in the French section of Epcot. I love how authentic it is. All of the employees in the countries are from that country and the food is what you'd find there. We devoured a cream puff, Napoleon, and a chocolate croissant. It was heaven on 3 plates or what you'd find in heaven!
We migrated to Germany to enjoy some adult beverages. I took this picture (above) for my sweet friend Jill who lived over there. I felt like I was back in her country for a moment.
And of course Lauren fell asleep. After throwing a good 2 tantrums, we got her settled for a nice nap in the stroller.

We are off the Sea World on our last day. It's my most favorite place in the entire world. I went to Sea World camp one year as a child and I think I could live there. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You guys look like you are having a great time, and little L looks so cute in her red and black! What character meal did you guys go to?

Emily said...

It looks like you all are having so much fun! I can't wait to take our little ones to DW.. but I wanted to wait until they were about 5 and 6.. just so they will remember more about it. (and maybe we'll have the money saved up by then.. ha!)

Courtney said...

So glad you are having great time. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you all are having a wonderful vacation! I didn't know you were taking online classes. Good for you. That's awesome! Enjoy the rest of your time away.