I am so far behind on blogging. I thought I would interrupt the Disney posts to write about our Thanksgiving before I forget what we did that day. Before long it will be Christmas. I better get to better blogging!
My sister, Todd, and I got up super duper early to participate in the Gobble Jog in Marietta, GA on Thanksgiving morning. Let's get one thing straight, I don't run. I am terrible at it. I could do it if I had my mind set on it but it's hard. I really thinking jogging is harder than my spinning and Zumba classes.
(before the "race")
We all signed up for the 10K but I was the loner who totally quit after the 5K. I think 3.2 miles was sufficient enough. My kind sister walked/barely jogged with her slow sister to the 5K finish and then ran on to the finish the 10K. I ended up waiting for Todd at the finish line so we could cross over together - he the 10K, me the 5K. I think I should sign up for the Couch to 5K program. Maybe I can learn to jog well then. By the way, how did I ever finish a HALF MARATHON in 2007? I have no clue.
We enjoyed Thanksgiving lunch at my parent's house with my mom, dad, sister, and grandparents. It's always nice to have a lazy, quaint Thanksgiving dinner your own house I think.
On Friday, we drove over to South Carolina to our cousin's house. We always head over there for the holidays. It's a great meeting point for family that lives in North Carolina and all of our South Carolina fam.
Lauren and Ace really enjoyed hanging out together. I think because they are close in age, they play really well together. They are 6.5 months apart, I think. Ace's big sister, Olivia, is so sweet and gentle with Lauren. PS: Kenna, If you have pictures of all 3 kids, please send. I could only find these on my computer.
Lauren wanted to escape the little room we let the kids play in. There is a sunroom at the back of their house that is pretty kid friendly. There wasn't anything that our wild ones could break so that's where they go. Lauren was banging on the glass window trying to make her escape plan.
Ace posed for me! Lauren and Ace would sit by the door going into the house and try to open it. Lauren mastered opening the door finally so they had many opportunities to make their escape.
After everyone ate and played, we took some family photos on the stairs. Here's our little family of 3 after about 20 attempts. It's amazing how hard it is to get a 2 year old to sit still and smile at the camera.
The Rogers fam below...We didn't color coordinate, oh well!
Meet my sissy, Lindsay.
A little cousin shot....Courtney, Kenna, and Lindsay. My mom and Kenna's mom are sisters and the 3 of us practically grew up like sisters.
Dancing like old times :)



3 comments:
I am all about the couch 5K! Great family photos,the staircase is beautiful.
What a fun Thanksgiving!!! And you did way better than I would ever do with running...I am soooo out of shape!
Ha! It's kind of amazing we were able to hold our kick long enough for a picture (well I'll speak for myself). You guys are amazing to do any kind of running on Thanksgiving! I'd have a hard time running to the end of my driveway and back. :)
Post a Comment