Friday, January 3, 2014

Ice Ice Baby

My mom and I just recently flew with Lauren to Texas to visit my sister and her husband. Lauren loves to fly so I try to take her as many places as I can. We went out for 2 nights. On our last night, we stayed at the Gaylord Resort and it was seriously unbelievable. My mom scored an awesome rate on Cyber Monday. I had no clue that they dropped the rates then but they do. Awesome!

I hated leaving little Connor behind but I'm not cray cray. He just turned 2. He would have no interest in sitting still on the plane or dealing with the huge huge crowds that were at the Gaylord. He had "boy time" with his Daddy.
 I've always wanted to see the ICE exhibit and it was so cool. Lauren still talks about it. I'm still amazed that everything was made of ice.


 Lauren still talks about the ice ballerina. She thought it was so neat.
 This was such a neat addition this year. That had an entire section dedicated to NYC. This was so cool to see considering Todd and I were about to head out on 6 days in the city solo.
Coolest thing ever seeing a taxi made of ice.
The NYC apple.
 Later in the evening, we took Lauren to decorate the gingerbread cookies. She thought this was so cool. She even got Gingy the gingerbread as a souvenir from my sister.


My plane buddy. I have convinced her to be good on the airplane and no fits or sassy talk is allowed. I told her that other pilots in the cockpit, like her Daddy, don't like it when little girls are ugly on the plane :) Works like a charm....
Downtown Ft Worth was GORGEOUS all decorated for Christmas. 
The second I got back to my parents house, I snatched this little boy up. I love this little kid. 

2 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

How fun! I still read it :). Love that you do fun one on one stuff with Lauren like this!

Courtney said...

That looks like such a fun exhibit. I am sure Lauren enjoyed the girl time.