Lauren got her wish for her big birthday present! Way back in February, you can read about her first visit to the American Girl store in Chicago. She begged for Caroline but I'm super big on teaching her that we don't get what we want right then. Those dolls aren't exactly $10 so her sweet wish needed to be fulfilled on a big day. Turning 5 is a big deal I think. Well the day was coming soon so she got her beloved doll. She ended up getting Saige and it's so precious seeing her interact with her.
The morning was so perfect and full of girls only fun. We got to store when they opened at 9am. My mom got Lauren her sweet doll for her big birthday present. My sister and her husband sent her a gift card to the store so she even got a matching outfit so she looks like Saige. Then I took my Mom, Grandma, and Lauren to brunch at the bistro. It was simply perfect.
She ran right to Caroline so I thought Caroline was still the doll she wanted so so badly.
Then it was love at first sight. She spotted Saige. I love the reasons why Lauren wanted to get her. Saige has a "cooking girl side braid." This refers to The Pioneer Woman who often will wear her hair in a braid. Saige also likes horses and so does Lauren. It was a perfect match.
The Bistro is so adorable. They bring little high chairs out for the dolls.
Saige even had her own drink.
My Mom and her #1 girl.
We couldnt have asked for a better morning. Lauren just loved it.
They match!
I'm so thankful God gave me a boy and a girl. Of course I would have loved 2 girls, 2 boys, etc but I only know what I have and I sure do love it. I always knew I never wanted an only child as I think it's so important to have a sibling. I think I hit the jackpot with these 2.





1 comment:
So cute! And, it was worth the wait! Great parenting!!! I liked the "cooking girl side braid" description:) Enjoy your sweet blessings, one of each! BE ENCOURAGED! Cherry(from Jax, FL)
Post a Comment