Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Final Day In The Aloha State

We did a lot of this on our last day....

 We got up early again, grabbed a newspaper, decaf coffee, and made our way to our favorite chairs. I made some bagels in the room with cream cheese and we took those down to the pool too. We did discover that the hotel poolside restaurant had the best pork nachos to share during lunch. I'm not even kidding, they were soooo good. They piled the nachos super high with some local pulled pork, had guacamole, sour cheese, and salsa on the side. We ordered them 2 times during our stay and loved them.

Water aerobics was offered a few mornings a week. I jumped in one day and enjoyed it.
 These flamingos were in our hotel lobby. We came back that evening from dinner at the Lahaina Pizza Company and saw the flamingos sleeping. 
 Just for laughs....this was my dad's Hawaiian shirt from back in the early 1980s that he wore in Hawaii. We had to take a picture on our balcony to show him.
I remembered to take a picture of our rental jeep just as we turned it in. We both really enjoyed renting the jeep so we could take the top off. It was so much cheaper than renting a convertible but felt the same with the top down. We miss our little rental.

I have some pictures that I took on my small camera and my cell phone that I'll post next. We took both cameras with us, the massive one and the little one. 
Photobucket

No comments: